Carnival Updated Protocols Today March 29

sunonfire

2 minutes ago, CrzRani said:

agreed...what changed?  Vaccines and tests.  Ok..

Exactly.  I ran this through a comparison engine vs an archived version of the same page from March 15, and NOTHING has changed as far as policy - some tiny wording changes like 'they' has changed to 'guests' etc.  Maybe someone is reading this for the first time, but this is nothing new, and no reason to say 'no thanks I was right not to cruise' like this is some big policy shift making things more risky etc.

• Like 6

When changes are made to the safety protocols, Changes effective March 29, 2022 is in big red letters. Then you have to play the game of reading the whole thing to see if you can spot the change. 

If they make changes why can't they put them in bold red print?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nlktx49 said:

When changes are made to the safety protocols, Changes effective March 29, 2022 is in big red letters. Then you have to play the game of reading the whole thing to see if you can spot the change. 

If they make changes why can't they put them in bold red print?

I totally agree.  Especially when they make grammar changes, like come on.

What I did (in case anyone else ever wants to do this) is:

I took the 'current' web address and retrieved to the 'old' page by going here and doing a search on that web address on 'search archived web sites', and found an archived one from March 15

https://archive.org/

Then you paste the 'current' one along with the one that the archive generates in this tool, and it will lay out the changes.

https://www.copyscape.com/compare.php

If you want to check it out - but I can tell you that the changes were grammatical and cosmetic, no policy changes at all.

Edited by WorkerBee74
  • Like 2

Now if Carnival made changes of any kind including grammatical and failed to update the last updated date, I wonder how many would complain they are trying to be sneaky. Carnival is damned if they do and damned if they don't. 

• Haha 2

As someone who just got off a cruise with a 2 year old, I think the following phrase is new:

Carnival tours are free for guests ages 4 and under; however, guests are still required to reserve a ticket.

We had to pay for excursions for our 2 year old. I think they are trying to change the narrative that they are after the $$$$ by requiring unvaccinated kids (too young for vaccines) to be required to be on a Carnival excursion. While it would have been nice to have this very slight discount.....the kids aren't going by themselves.....so everyone else has to pay for their tickets and go on an excursion if they don't want to leave the child on the ship and tag-team getting off.

34 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

As someone who just got off a cruise with a 2 year old, I think the following phrase is new:

Carnival tours are free for guests ages 4 and under; however, guests are still required to reserve a ticket.

We had to pay for excursions for our 2 year old. I think they are trying to change the narrative that they are after the $$$$ by requiring unvaccinated kids (too young for vaccines) to be required to be on a Carnival excursion. While it would have been nice to have this very slight discount.....the kids aren't going by themselves.....so everyone else has to pay for their tickets and go on an excursion if they don't want to leave the child on the ship and tag-team getting off.

Im not so sure this is a change.  I thought you always needed to reserve a ticket(seat) for your kid even if they werent paying so that they had a place on the tour.

37 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

...but we had to PAY for our kid....this says they are FREE!

We leave Saturday and have one excursion booked through Carnival that I had to buy a ticket for my 4 year old.  Still shows it in my booking info.

3 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Im not so sure this is a change.  I thought you always needed to reserve a ticket(seat) for your kid even if they werent paying so that they had a place on the tour.

Wasn't a change since March 10th update.  Again if anyone wants to see the changes, see my post #6 for how.

3 hours ago, cmukid87 said:

We leave Saturday and have one excursion booked through Carnival that I had to buy a ticket for my 4 year old.  Still shows it in my booking info.

Same.  I saw noticed the "Carnival tours are free for guests ages 4 and under; however, guests are still required to reserve a ticket. but looking at my booking details I am still paying for my 2yr old on excursions.

33 minutes ago, NauticaX said:

Same.  I saw noticed the "Carnival tours are free for guests ages 4 and under; however, guests are still required to reserve a ticket. but looking at my booking details I am still paying for my 2yr old on excursions.

I'm guessing this will have to be dealt with either at Guest Services or at the Shore Excursions desk.