Book by, Sail by……

We are waiting for our FCC from the March 6 Anthem sailing we cancelled in January. We received a small portion already and the book by date is approaching. What happens if we receive this credit and have no time to rebook? In other words, does RC change the book by, sail by dates as they release these credits?

I called them with the reservation ID from the canceled cruise and asked them to process the FCC as I had a cruise coming up with final payment approaching. They were able to issue the FCC while I was on the phone. The agent told me that as long as you are 45 days past the cancelation date, they will expedite the FCC for you. I'm sure you'll get 5 different answers from 5 different agents, but that worked for me. 

41 minutes ago, MiniChunks said:

I called them with the reservation ID from the canceled cruise and asked them to process the FCC as I had a cruise coming up with final payment approaching. They were able to issue the FCC while I was on the phone. The agent told me that as long as you are 45 days past the cancelation date, they will expedite the FCC for you. I'm sure you'll get 5 different answers from 5 different agents, but that worked for me. 

Since I used a TA that strategy may not work for me. But thanks. By the way, what were the book by, sail by dates?

47 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

You should ask your Travel Agent for help, especially if you are still using them.

My most excellent Travel Agent has devoted many hours to getting FCC issues resolved for us.

YMMV

Tom

TA has contacted them a few times. Wait is way too long for refund. 

1 hour ago, pthjudy said:

Since I used a TA that strategy may not work for me. But thanks. By the way, what were the book by, sail by dates?

My understanding is that the fcc is yours and that you can get them directly.  I seem to recall doing it in January. 

Yes, you can call directly about FCC.

I had an issue with an FCC where RCI changed the name on the FCC.   In that case, I had to call C&A desk myself to resolve.  TA could not intervene.