Second day boarding?

mwf7501

We are on the Oct 10 Onward, previously scheduled for Venice, now changed to Ravenna as discussed on other threads.   The cruise was to start with an overnight in Venice, now it shows an overnight in Ravenna.    Nothing against Ravenna, but we've never been to Venice before and I am wondering about staying in Venice an extra night, and then joining the cruise in Ravenna on Day 2, prior to departure.

Historically has Azamara been amenable to arriving on Day 2?    I suppose Covid protocols may complicate things nowadays, and protocols may change by October (for good or ill).

Other than forgoing a day of lodging and food on the ship, are there other ramifications to a late arrival?

Thank you in advance for any advice or suggestions.

Mark   

• 4 weeks later...

When booking recently I asked about embarkation after midnight (easier flight with a late arrival) so technically day 2 as the ship is in Singapore 2 days and was told it would be noted and not a problem. 
Was  a little surprised, almost expected to be told I could only embark between certain times. 
Probably best to confirm and reconfirm, who knows what restrictions may suddenly appear.

I was told that we couldn't miss Amsterdam and embark in Edinburgh 

In the past we have found them flexible re arrival, early departure and overnight stays on land during cruises.

I would get a written confirmation that it is OK with Azamara

• Like 2

Thank you for the replies.

Sounds like "in writing" would indeed be important in light of the conflicting verbal information from AZ being noted on other threads.   It's still 5 months away, we'll keep examining options.

• Like 2