Is it worth getting a balcony for a mid-April cruise to Bermuda?

Callynne

We're just about to book a last minute sailing today, and with the low-ish prices, I'm tempted to go from oceanview to a balcony cabin. This will be a bit of a writing cruise for me, so it would be especially nice if I'm able to write while on the balcony, especially on sea days.

What's the water and weather like around mid-April enroute to Bermuda? Is the water likely to be choppy?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Callynne said:

This will be a bit of a writing cruise for me, so it would be especially nice if I'm able to write while on the balcony, especially on sea days.

What's the water and weather like around mid-April enroute to Bermuda? Is the water likely to be choppy?

Its going to be fairly chilly on the way out and back if we go by statistics (although with the weather in the Northeast lately it's either 22 degrees or 72 degrees). Water temp in Bermuda will be in the high 60s to low 70s-- not really swimming temp unless you are used to a really cold place. Temp on the island will be cool but pleasant-- and no humidity you get in the summer. Low 70s usually. 

Its your call on the balcony-- you will need to bundle up the first and last day so might not be worth it from that standpoint. While on the island it will be very pleasant during the day, but cool at night-- pleasant fall weather.

No one can predict the sea-- it can be very choppy or nothing at all. But it might be very foggy going between warmer and cooler places with the sea temp changes. 

My two cents: do it.  Sunny and 70's on the balcony, even if only when you are in and around Bermuda, seems like a perfect place to be.

You don't say which ship you are on.  Many of them have quiet outdoor spaces where you can write rather peacefully.  I'm thinking specifically of the "Waterfront" areas on some NCL ships.  If you are on a ship that has that amenity, then maybe you can skip upgrading to a balcony....

• Like 1