Getaway Itineraries

gatorchinsky

Now that the Getaway’s Baltic cruises have been cancelled and she will be cruising the Caribbean from PC, I was just looking at a fall cruise and noticed that the prices were very reasonable.  Has anyone else decided to take advantage and cruise the Getaway this fall?

• Like 1

We are going in July, prices seemed reasonable. By the time we fly from NY, pay for transfers from Orlando to Cape Canaveral, get a hotel room the night before, it is adding up higher than we would like. I think there is a lot of demand right now and predict lots of high prices for some time. I usually try to avoid Hurricane season (June to November) but saw the low prices and jumped on it. It will be interesting to see the occupancy level, and if the prices fluctuate.

• Like 1

We are going for my 50th birthday in October. We switched from Canada on the Breakaway and saved over $500 for same everything. Looking forward to a warm vacation instead of cold. I think the entertainment is better on the Getaway and it has the Mojito Bar. Should be an awesome trip! 

• Like 2

We moved our July cruise on Breakaway out of Miami to Getaway out of PC as PC is much closer to where we live. We also saved over $800 on the same room.  We are 113 days out but no excursions are listed and cannot book dining yet. Since they just moved the ship, I'm assuming excursions well eventually show up and possibly be able to book dining ahead at some point.  If not no biggie, we don't usually do excursions (I do want a villa in GSC lol) and I'm sure it will be no trouble making dining reservations once on the ship. 

• Like 3

OP here.  We just switched our February 2023 Escape cruise to the Getaway 9 night at the end of September.  Price was about the same and we get an extra 2 days.  As  mentioned above we did notice that no shore excursions are available yet.  I’m sure they will start showing up soon.

• Like 1

Booked the Getaway today for Bermuda 9/22/22, 5 days. Tremendous value. Looking forward to it after such a long break from cruising. My app is telling me booking for restaurants and excursions is available in May.

Edited by Dederee
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Von & John said:

It appears there are no cruises between 08/27 - 09/22...

Does anyone know if the ship has been chartered?

It suddenly appears in New York on 09/22...

According to the Bermuda cruise ship schedule, it shows the Getaway doing various NYC to Bermuda cruises between 8/27 and 9/22

On 3/31/2022 at 10:24 PM, andilynnwright said:

We are going for my 50th birthday in October. We switched from Canada on the Breakaway and saved over $500 for same everything. Looking forward to a warm vacation instead of cold. I think the entertainment is better on the Getaway and it has the Mojito Bar. Should be an awesome trip! 

Just got off of the Getaway and the entertainment is great!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, shof515 said:

According to the Bermuda cruise ship schedule, it shows the Getaway doing various NYC to Bermuda cruises between 8/27 and 9/22

Thanks  --  Thinking chartered - I could not find any cruises for these dates via NCL nor a number of booking agents....

2 hours ago, Von & John said:

Thanks  --  Thinking chartered - I could not find any cruises for these dates via NCL nor a number of booking agents....

Give NCL some time to implement new Bermuda itineraries on site for Aug & Sept. They need to iron out the details ... let's hope Getaway will head straight to Bermuda without stopping in VA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NCL website is updated for the Getaway sailings out of NYC. So far there is this:

September 12 - September 22 - 10 Day Bermuda and Bahamas

September 22 - September 27 - 5 Day Bermuda

After September 27 the ship reposition back to Port Canaveral

Bermuda cruise ship schedule shows the Getaway in Bermuda on August 31 to September 2 and then  September 10-11. These 2 cruises is not on NCL website right now

• Thanks 1

I am thinking - early September thru mid/late October ... NYC and the odds of running to Nor-Easter & hurricane aren't too terrible, not extreme high but not exactly low either.  Insured it well and enjoy the trip's ride.  

If the price is right, we'll get back on the Getaway ourselves too, the crew/staff & officers are great - by then, the ones we've met last week will be back from vacations & leaves for home - unless they are moving to a different ships.  

• 4 weeks later...

Are the Baltic cruises cancelled? I am booked on the Getaway on the May 27th cruise and haven't heard of any cancellations. I'm from the UK so perhaps that's the difference but I doubt it. I know that the price that I paid is now on offer for less than 50% less. I carried the cruise over from 2021 due to the pandemic cancellations. Feedback would be appreciated.

I also took advantage, was originally on the Encore out of Miami in December, but switched to the Getaway for the 9 day September 29th for the same price. We love the Breakaway class ships. We have been lucky enough to win Haven Bids the past 2 cruises, hoping three in a row. 

I booked the 10 day Bermuda/Bahamas cruise leaving on September 12th from NYC. So exciting! Very reasonable price, and I love that they have rooms for solo travelers. Have been on the Breakaway and the Bliss; last cruise was March 8-15th 2020! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 7:06 PM, Mira28 said:

I booked the 10 day Bermuda/Bahamas cruise leaving on September 12th from NYC. So exciting! Very reasonable price, and I love that they have rooms for solo travelers. Have been on the Breakaway and the Bliss; last cruise was March 8-15th 2020! 

Ugh so jealous. Wasn't that one in the latitudes special too? We'll be able to take a 10 day cruise someday 😀🤞

I booked Getaway 14 day transatlantic NYC to London 2024…..I’m hoping the test for air travel back to US is gone by then. A transatlantic is on my bucket list. This is a nice itinerary with Paris and Brussels included.