Celebrity Sales and Promotions Timelines

scokely

I know Celebrity just ended their recent promotion, and I believe I've seen promotions related to Black Friday. Curious if there are certain times of the year we might want to be dialed in and ready to book a cruise to take advantage of the promotions offered? On that note, I know deposits are typically non-refundable, but are they often transferable to other sailings? 

4 hours ago, scokely said:

I know Celebrity just ended their recent promotion, and I believe I've seen promotions related to Black Friday. Curious if there are certain times of the year we might want to be dialed in and ready to book a cruise to take advantage of the promotions offered? On that note, I know deposits are typically non-refundable, but are they often transferable to other sailings? 

Deposits are typically 'refundable' were one to book a refundable deposit fare, which is "typically" higher than the non-refundable fare.

... and yes the deposit can be transferred to other sailings minus a processing fee of $100 per passenger, currently.

bon voyage

Celebrity, along with most other cruise lines, run sales and promotions almost continuously.  When one ends the next one typically begins.  And they basically all are about the same in terms of net cruise fares offered.  What can vary is pre cruise offerings on the on line planner for any given itinerary in terms of certain packages and on-board promos that may be offered for already booked passengers.

While this may vary between the US and other countries, I believe the format and timing remain about the same.  In other words, if you are interested in any particular itinerary and timeframe, just keep looking at whatever promotion is in place at the time.  Typically the earlier you book the lower the prices are, but that, too, can vary.  And typically you will be able to benefit from any lower pricing that may arise prior to final payment.

Just now, Bo1953 said:

Deposits are typically 'refundable' were one to book a refundable deposit fare, which is "typically" higher than the non-refundable fare.

Europe may have different rules regarding refundable v non-refundable deposits availability.  The OP's signature says "Italy", so that may come into play for them.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

... and yes the deposit can be transferred to other sailings minus a processing fee of $100 per passenger, currently.

bon voyage

I've finally been using a TA for bookings.  I wanted to change a few cruises we had scheduled for 2023, and yes Celebrity charged the $100 processing fee for each, but my TA added the charges to his refundable OBC credit to us for a B3B in late 2022.  I thought that was a good gesture and I did not ask for it.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, scokely said:

My apologies for not seeing that you are in Italy, your terms and conditions are completely different than those here in the U.S..

That is, unless you booked through an agent here in the U.S., then what I wrote is correct, otherwise you need to check with your point of reservation/purchase to be sure.

bon voyage

14 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Europe may have different rules regarding refundable v non-refundable deposits availability.  The OP's signature says "Italy", so that may come into play for them.

Thank you. Good information to have. I live in Italy but I am American and we are able to book under US residency. 

Agree that sales are all but continuous. This sale has ended, the prices will rise for a day or two so that the next X% off leads to a price often identical to the previous “sale”. Although sometimes it is possible to snag a fare which really is a drop from whatever fare you booked at. And this is not just Celebrity- pretty much all Cruiselines follow this pattern. 

6 minutes ago, scokely said:

Thank you. Good information to have. I live in Italy but I am American and we are able to book under US residency. 

Then you should have the option for refundable or non-refundable deposits.  Just be aware that the default pricing is non-refundable, so make sure your TA is looking at the correct fare schedule based on your preferred deposit method.  And, yes, the refundable deposit fares are higher for that flexibility.

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

and yes the deposit can be transferred to other sailings minus a processing fee of $100 per passenger, currently.

£75 in UK, unless you are Elite or above, then it is free.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Yeah just ask the folks on Crystal Cruises.  See how "bon" there voyage was.....

That is a reason I get travel insurance, promptly, and pay with a credit card that has some additional protection... except for the memories I would have enjoyed!!!

bon voyage

• Like 1