Live Cruising Review Edge 4/3/2022 - 4/10/2022. Plenty of pictures!

BennyBrun

20 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

It's the opposite of the Mardi Gras which as we know has a plethora of lunch options.  

Which of the ships that you have sailed on this year has the best options lunch wise regarding diversity and quality?  Apex, Edge, Mardi Gras, Wonder, Oasis (value week), or Odyssey?

That award goes to Mardi Gras without a doubt!  The fried chicken… the burrito place, Guy’s burger, street eats, the empanadas at the cafe, the pizza…everything was so good

4 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

That award goes to Mardi Gras without a doubt!  The fried chicken… the burrito place, Guy’s burger, street eats, the empanadas at the cafe, the pizza…everything was so good

We're  back her for 14 days over Labor Day.  After our 5 day appetizer cruise on the Celebration in January, I decided to pull the trigger on a B2B in September of 2023 and January of 2024.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

We're  back her for 14 days over Labor Day.  After our 5 day appetizer cruise on the Celebration in January, I decided to pull the trigger on a B2B in September of 2023 and January of 2024.

That sounds very relaxing!  I love it!  Next year is going to be more adventurous… I booked Carnival Splendor in January to see Australia/ South Pacific for 11 nights because the price was right and currently they are offering the longest cruise in Australia.

5 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

That was my biggest disappointment with Fine Cuts, their desserts.  It was old school big time, nothing cutting edge or show worthy.

It’s the classic “black dress” selection!  Always dependable and a classic but you are right nothing show worthy!

Day 2 San Juan 4PM - 11PM

Such a late arrival and I will not be staying out long…I have Eden tonight.  It’s interesting that they have a regularly scheduled evening programming while the ship is in port late.  It’s almost like they don’t want you to leave the ship 😆 

6F008B95-87F8-48E9-8048-2D867EDFD379.jpeg

1926457F-4293-4B28-8ED8-3383BC788140.jpeg

62BD1000-0AAB-44B0-87F2-D6B33C0FE313.jpeg

A99B0B2D-6FEA-4F59-A534-58DA74E62FEF.jpeg

11 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 2 

Our cruise director Lewis.  What a great cruise director he is!  Approachable, knowledgeable, personable, all around great guy! 

0B4B0787-84A9-4B8E-BDBE-EDA9F87672B9.jpeg

29F8B855-7A6C-4F05-975E-960ABFB465E8.jpeg

Agreed ..we really thought Lewis was a great CD…and enjoyed the Captains daily messages and his talk on the last sea day..

Did they say if they were going to perform the other production show ..colors of life..there were some safety issues so they couldn’t perform it last week. They did add another guest entertainer “The Knights” instead ..they were fabulous..

Also highly recommend Soul Waves and Tommy Greene Jr if they are still onboard.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 2 Martini Bar

77C82038-327D-4BB9-8AD8-A8470E4D1584.jpeg

A3AA4F65-45DA-4065-BAFA-E0545DA102D3.jpeg

I notice on this photo that people looked quite dressed up. I read somewhere that Chic night on an Alaskan cruise was pretty casual compared to other Celebrity cruises. Is that true? DH and I are doing a cruise to Alaska for our 25th.

11 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 2 Fine Cut Desserts 

980FBCFE-84E5-4B01-8542-B90ABF574A9D.jpeg

59582381-E753-4426-9B0B-6B8587ACE959.jpeg

We had the Ultimate Chocolate Sundae last week . Loved it, and almost asked the Luminae waiter to find one for last night ....

mac_tlc

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 2 The Fancy Shops

The wooden sculpture that looks like creepy people in the park is quite interesting!

98BA276A-CF8F-43BE-85CD-7AB2B4B1590A.jpeg

FA1DC6BC-A634-43EA-BCD5-60CF7DD462BB.jpeg

D3D5E25D-14A1-437F-A370-D71088EE80CF.jpeg

BBA723D4-677B-4331-B3A7-6E42F317FC16.jpeg

B5580D8F-8C5E-4434-945D-EF69FA474106.jpeg

93611247-4783-4F4A-8A14-AE2F11A02407.jpeg

4383E1E5-F067-4AFD-88ED-8B27D7D86472.jpeg

All the seating you've showed so far looks bonkers! Those winding wooden benches from earlier look particularly uncomfortable.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Agreed ..we really thought Lewis was a great CD…and enjoyed the Captains daily messages and his talk on the last sea day..

Did they say if they were going to perform the other production show ..colors of life..there were some safety issues so they couldn’t perform it last week. They did add another guest entertainer “The Knights” instead ..they were fabulous..

We were on last week too. Agree about Lewis and Captain's presentation. 

According to the app, Colors of Life is scheduled for day 7 this week. Maybe a placeholder to see if they can fix the problem. Appears Soulwaves is not on this week -- they were fantastic. 

We also enjoyed the Knights, and they are still on this week. Their rendition of the two Les Mis songs was awesome...

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dgoz said:

I notice on this photo that people looked quite dressed up. I read somewhere that Chic night on an Alaskan cruise was pretty casual compared to other Celebrity cruises. Is that true? DH and I are doing a cruise to Alaska for our 25th.

I've sailed Celebrity in Alaska 3 times and this pic is a good representation of expected dress attire imo. I haven't noticed any difference between Alaska or Caribbean sailings regarding attire, other than during the day hours.

Patty 

Edited by cw2go
oops
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sadebud said:

Have you seen any trifles yet?  Or is that only a Royal thing?  🤣😂🤣

I've seen trifle before in the Ocean View, albeit not very good and not very traditional.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

Yes they will try to Colors of life later on the week but they have a lot of entertainment going on … tonight is Janiene Valentine at 7PM or 9PM.  Won’t be able to catch the 9 PM because of Eden and 7PM is iffy because of the Puerto Rico walk but we shall see!

3 hours ago, dgoz said:

I really think that depends on the cruisers and not so much the cruise line.  I was on the Millennium to Alana and they were very dressed up. That should be a great cruise!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dgoz said:

All the seating you've showed so far looks bonkers! Those winding wooden benches from earlier look particularly uncomfortable.

Hahahahha… I think they probably did that on purpose to not encourage sitting outside the expensive shops 😂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

We were on last week too. Agree about Lewis and Captain's presentation. 

According to the app, Colors of Life is scheduled for day 7 this week. Maybe a placeholder to see if they can fix the problem. Appears Soulwaves is not on this week -- they were fantastic. 

We also enjoyed the Knights, and they are still on this week. Their rendition of the two Les Mis songs was awesome...

mac_tlc

I don’t see the Knights on the schedule but there is so much going on … it’s quite different than the Apex back in January where it was a lot less entertainment and there are days where the theater was not in use.

2 hours ago, cw2go said:

I've sailed Celebrity in Alaska 3 times and this pic is a good representation of expected dress attire imo. I haven't noticed any difference between Alaska or Caribbean sailings regarding attire, other than during the day hours.

Patty 

I agree with you on that.  On Celebrity it is more formal than Royal.  People do get dressed up with ties and tuxedo and fancy dresses!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sadebud said:

Have you seen any trifles yet?  Or is that only a Royal thing?  🤣😂🤣

I have been looking but I have not seen trifle at Oceanview.  They mostly do cake / crumbles and pies there.  I will check out the MDR later this week … I only have two MDR dinners so I will miss the opportunity to sample most of their menu… so sad 😭 

• Like 1