New Call Back Feature -- Sort of

80sGal

I've seen lots of comments about long wait times to reach customer service, so I was pleasantly surprised when I needed to call today and heard a new option -- for Carnival to put the caller into a queue and return the call when a rep is available.   Yayy!!   But wait -- they called me back in a reasonable amount of time, an hour or so -- but instead of connecting me directly to a rep, I've been on hold now for 46:12 and counting!!   What improvement is THAT???   Not cool, Carnival, not cool.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tampabrat22 said:

It was a recording saying if I still needed to talk to someone to stay on the line. But I had already solved the issue so I hung up.

Well, it is good for you that you had the issue resolved. But it would have been a real hoot to hear they woke you up at 5:15 just to put you on hold for a few hours. It is quite possible that is what would have happened if you had stayed on the line though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, icft said:

Well, it is good for you that you had the issue resolved. But it would have been a real hoot to hear they woke you up at 5:15 just to put you on hold for a few hours. It is quite possible that is what would have happened if you had stayed on the line though.

No doubt that is what would have happened. I was just so shocked they called at such an early time.😜

On 4/1/2022 at 3:31 PM, 80sGal said:

I've seen lots of comments about long wait times to reach customer service, so I was pleasantly surprised when I needed to call today and heard a new option -- for Carnival to put the caller into a queue and return the call when a rep is available.   Yayy!!   But wait -- they called me back in a reasonable amount of time, an hour or so -- but instead of connecting me directly to a rep, I've been on hold now for 46:12 and counting!!   What improvement is THAT???   Not cool, Carnival, not cool.   

I just did the call back and lost count of how long I was on hold after they called back.

I need a pin number to transfer the booking to my ta. Booked about 4 weeks ago. First he was cruising and then i also had a b2b when he said i needed to get my pin number to give to him. Couldnt call from a rcl ship and wait on hold.

Booked online. Call back stinks. 

Call backs aren't new.  They just weren't regularly offered.  In the past, a person answered fairly quickly after Carnival called.  The problem that I had the first few times I was given the option was the phone number that the system relayed back was wrong.  The system was seeing the last four numbers incorrectly, so I had to manually enter my number each time.  Eventually they fixed their system so it read my number off correctly.

Oddly enough, a couple years later Entergy started doing the same thing.  The problem was resolved much quicker than with Carnival.

This is just a new way of handling call backs.

Edited by Tiger0613