Absolute Must Book: Israel King Water Taxi - Private Tour

Jeter02

Israel King Water Taxi is an absolute MUST when visiting the gorgeous island of St Lucia Whether you are staying at a resort on the island, or in my case visiting via cruise ship, they know how to show you a good time on the island.

This excursion will not disappoint in fact it will most likely have you wanting to book them every time you visit St Lucia.

Booking with extremely easy as I booked this last second while I was out in the middle of sea on my cruise 2 days before arriving to St Lucia. Karen who was awesome with going back and forth an emailing me with information and pricing she was fantastic and so efficient. When I say efficient like it would be snap of the finger response back the communication was fantastic. Taking care of payment with super easy breezy as well as you have the option to pay via PayPal or all in cash day of.

I had the pleasure and honor of being in the best care of both Glenn and Chris as they made me feel like V.I.P. on my own private tour with them. They were so amazing, not just educating me on the history of St Lucia, but also providing me an awesome time. They always wanted to make sure that I was having a good time and everything was always okay. They really do take watchful care over you.

Chris and Glenn picked me up from the cruise port where my cruise ship was docked. The reason I initially booked Israel King was to avoid having to do a group catamaran with the cruise line and all the passengers. Instead I  wanted to do something private and visit certain parts of the island without having to deal with a schedule, and the ability to customize what I wanted to see and do. 

Israel King doed offer the option of a half day and full day tour of 4 hours or 8 hours. You can also integrate whatever you want to do on the island, whether you want to keep it Coastal on one of their great fantastic boats, or you could do a partial Coastal viewing of the island and some excursions on land as well. I kept it strictly Coastal. During your tour they also do incorporate lunch time if your heart desires. They can either give you some awesome local recommendations or one of the things they had offered which I was all game for is his brother making lunch that they have brought to the boat to eat some great fresh local food.

Israel King has two different boats that they use for their excursions. They offer beverages once you get on whether it's bottled water local beer, and  their own famous rum punch. They do come fully equipped with some snorkeling gear if you choose to go snorkeling on the island as well as some noodles to help you float around and enjoy the Caribbean Sea. More importantly the boat comes equipped I kid you not with the best Captain Glenn with his awesome sidekick Chris are all about making sure you have the best time possible with them and on the island.

Glenn was super awesome he gave me a quick crash course on snorkeling, so I did my first actual snorkeling experience at one of the many spots we stopped at. We stopped at about four different beaches on the island and the cool part with St Lucia is all the beaches are considered public. The guys drop you off by the beachy areas when we do stops and then they give you some alone time to enjoy the water or the beach whatever your little heart desires and he just waved them then when you're ready to head on out back on the water to the next stop. I absolutely love the fact we were on the same brain waves of some of the things I wanted to see and do, especially when we ended up finishing at one of my top places that I've had on my list for a long time to visit, which is Viceroy Resorts, Sugar Beach. This location gives you the most gorgeous stunning views of the pitnos as you're on the southern tip of the island where the pitons are located.

With all the beach stops that we did and snorkeling areas it was nice to swim in the refreshing waters. The views are stunning. As Glenn was driving the boat Chris was awesome on giving me the history certain parts of the island as well as we got to see Cinderella's glass slipper where you will find some locals doing some cliff diving which they will perform for you for about a $5 fee. Got to see a small section of the island that was used for filming of the pirates of the Caribbean as well as we got to visit Dolittles restaurants as the original Dr Dolittle movie was filmed on the island. Glenn and Chris where the sweetest people and I love that they were so willing to take pictures whether I asked or they would make the suggestions that way I can have these amazing memories to always keep with me of my private day on the island. Thanks to them I have some really cool shots with myself and the gorgeous pitons in the background.

The guys were super fun to hang out with for the day, and honestly I would say they are definitely a big part of what made my visit a million times better than I could ever  anticipated. I was extremely fascinated with the fact that Glenn was able to catch some fresh fish on the line while we were riding out on the water. Nothing better than a local fresh catch to be served as a meal. 

When I say they take excellent care of you, they truly do, as I did have a moment of feeling a little bit of seasickness as we were riding on the waters a little on the slower side on the boat ( I  fortunately tend to get motion / sickness once in awhile). So Glenn was super attentive and we ended up doing the remainder of the excursion complete James Bond style full speed ahead. There's nothing better than the wind blowing through your hair as you go what feels like a high speed chase giving you such an invigorating feel.

Once again I highly recommend and honestly can't recommend enough to make sure when you visit the island whether it's by cruise ship or if you're staying on land on the island please book a half day or full day tour with Israel King and enjoy the private lifestyle and customizing what it is that you want to do. They really and truly are absolutely amazing and I can't wait to meet up with them again the next time I'm in St Lucia and a few months.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/18/2022 at 6:14 PM, itsanita said:

Has anyone else used this tour guide/taxi?  The review sounds good, but very 'professional'.  We are looking for a tour that would not included swimming/snorkeling.  

Be patient and the World renowned Princess will give her recommendations…..

Thousands have toured with Israel King..

Here's a couple hundred reviews at CCs sister site, TripAdvisor.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g147344-d1972385-Reviews-Israel_King_Water_Taxi_Private_Tours-Gros_Islet_Gros_Islet_Quarter_St_Lucia.html

There's also Shashamane Water Taxi, Solomon's Water Taxi, Mystic Man water taxi, and so forth. Lots of options (those are but a very few).

And of course, there's organized water based tours via catamaran or speedboats such as SeaSpray, Carnival, Bateau Mygo, Knotty Girl, Joy's Ocean Angel, Spencer Ambrose, Joe Knows, Hackshaw's, and so forth. 

On 6/18/2022 at 1:14 PM, itsanita said:

Has anyone else used this tour guide/taxi?  The review sounds good, but very 'professional'.  We are looking for a tour that would not included swimming/snorkeling.  

Thank you for your kind words saying this was a very professional review. I can promise you I'm a regular normal Joe.

They're awesome the fact that they will customize your trip, so if you don't want to do any swimming or snorkeling they will definitely ride around and do whatever it is you want to do. 

And just as a little fact I rarely write reviews unless it has like impacted me im the most utter positive way possible. 

Edited by Jeter02

• 1 month later...