COVID tests in UK

sarahuk

Hi, we are in the UK and will be sailing from Southampton on 30th April. If we need to produce a negative test, can we go to a local chemist such as Boots to get it done or do we have to use one recommended by Celebrity and if so which ones?

thanks

Sarah

2 hours ago, sarahuk said:

Hi, we are in the UK and will be sailing from Southampton on 30th April. If we need to produce a negative test, can we go to a local chemist such as Boots to get it done or do we have to use one recommended by Celebrity and if so which ones?

thanks

Sarah

We are sailing on April 21st and still waiting to be advised of requirements. 

31 minutes ago, Merly said:

We are sailing on April 21st and still waiting to be advised of requirements. 

Hi

Its now on your App,,,go through to the page with a banner at the top that says click for UK site,it’s there.

Antigen test within 2 days of boarding.

Unless the wording is still only applicable to US sailings.

2196A84A-9D80-47EC-8BBE-026779A45C4D.thumb.png.90ef39a9bdd436437c9ab440ba3e2ea4.png

E5D72902-352E-4125-ACC7-DEF5F7DD27FD.thumb.png.a437920c2e2a41000c05f67db92c1eeb.png

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

We sail on May 30, but arrive on the 28th. I was thinking of making an appointment at the airport as I hear some say that finding a test can be challenging in UK. I will be interested in what you all experience. Alternatively, we could order the binax ones through celebrity and bring them with us, I guess. 

For those who are travelling to Southampton the day before: Westquay (shopping) Centre (which is also very close to Southampton port) has a clinic offering rapid antigen testing with email confirmation within 4 hours.

https://www.west-quay.co.uk/shop/regenerative-clinic

Not sure if I am allowed to link directly?

Think there might be several options in Southampton)

Edited by Alsun

12 hours ago, Merly said:

Still says on my app that health and safety protocols have not yet been announced for this cruise.

And on my app, getting irritated by lack of info for uk guests now.  Last night I booked testing 2 days before departure at a local Lloyds pharmacy,  didn't know they offered this but seems they issue you a paper certificate while you are there, says takes 15mins,  £29. We have a 10hr drive down from Scotland so want to make sure we are safe to sail before we embark in that. 

51 minutes ago, littlemisshoney said:

And on my app, getting irritated by lack of info for uk guests now.  Last night I booked testing 2 days before departure at a local Lloyds pharmacy,  didn't know they offered this but seems they issue you a paper certificate while you are there, says takes 15mins,  £29. We have a 10hr drive down from Scotland so want to make sure we are safe to sail before we embark in that. 

Much better prices than those quoted for Southampton!😱

Edited by upwarduk

All

We did a Cruise recently out of Florida our requirement was as follows 

Antigen Test  within 24hrs for entry into the US and within 48hrs for the actual Cruise.

We had ours done at Collinsons LHR by the time we drove home we had the results on email.

I am pretty sure that the requirements are the same on Celebrity here even as a UK resident and departure it must be within 48hrs.

We had to produce this paper certificate as well as our Blue Vaccination Certificates / Cards on check in they may take your NHS app vaccination record but they were not interested in this in the USA.

Even having uploaded the cards onto the Celebrity Cruise app (this may not be available on your cruise / ship as it is limited currently, we still had to show them.

Word on warning if you have the App you can part check in and do the safety parts but you must still physically go to the Muster station once on Board. 

1 hour ago, littlemisshoney said:

That’s what I plan to do as well.  We are travelling down the day before so will get the test at Lloyd’s in Sainsbury’s on our way out.

Just a heads up for those booked at Lloyd’s. There are various reports that despite a booking, some Lloyds pharmacies do not have the kits / staff to perform the test. It is advised you ring the pharmacy you have chosen to confirm that they are able to do the testing.

16 minutes ago, downsmead said:

Just a heads up for those booked at Lloyd’s. There are various reports that despite a booking, some Lloyds pharmacies do not have the kits / staff to perform the test. It is advised you ring the pharmacy you have chosen to confirm that they are able to do the testing.

Our local Lloyds at Sainsburys quotes 3 day turn around.😱😱😱😱

On 4/4/2022 at 6:47 PM, sarahuk said:

thanks

Sarah

Yes . Last year X had a deal with Eurofin but not any more -:Eurofin has now closed this side of it's business. You must use a company that confirms by email.