Linking my reservation to my parents

I'm sailing in October with my immediate family of 4 (me, husband, two kids) and my parents. My aunt and uncle might end up booking, as well.

I'm trying to make dining reservations for us all, but although it shows my parents in Cruise Planner, it says "Because these guests have a different booking currency or group ID, they must make their own reservations" and then it won't allow me to click on them when making our reservations.

How do I fix this? They paid on a different credit card than we did, but we want to all eat together. So I worry that if we both just select the same dining times, that it won't seat us together.

20 minutes ago, DukeASUGirl said:

I'm sailing in October with my immediate family of 4 (me, husband, two kids) and my parents. My aunt and uncle might end up booking, as well.

I'm trying to make dining reservations for us all, but although it shows my parents in Cruise Planner, it says "Because these guests have a different booking currency or group ID, they must make their own reservations" and then it won't allow me to click on them when making our reservations.

How do I fix this? They paid on a different credit card than we did, but we want to all eat together. So I worry that if we both just select the same dining times, that it won't seat us together.

It sounds like one reservation is in a group and one isn't.  If that is the case then they cannot be linked.  You would need to move the booking that is not in the group into the group in order to link them.  I am assuming that it is this as opposed to booking in different currencies.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It sounds like one reservation is in a group and one isn't.  If that is the case then they cannot be linked.  You would need to move the booking that is not in the group into the group in order to link them.  I am assuming that it is this as opposed to booking in different currencies.

But what group would it be in? Both reservations were made the same day, though the same travel agent. We picked the cabins at the same time, so I don't understand why they would be in different groups.

12 minutes ago, DukeASUGirl said:

But what group would it be in? Both reservations were made the same day, though the same travel agent. We picked the cabins at the same time, so I don't understand why they would be in different groups.

Did you ask your travel agent?  That's where I'd start....

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, DukeASUGirl said:

Don't worry about it 6 months in advance.  Get on board, go to one of the restaurants when you board, they will take care of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DukeASUGirl said:

If you have a double occupancy and a quad.  group rates are available for doubles but not quads.  They may have booked the double in the group but havent yet moved the quad in.

Did your agent send you an invoice from Royal.  It will show a group number beside the reservation number if its in a group.

• Like 1

Dining can get messed up even when linked. I recently sailed in connecting cabins with a linked reservation and one of us got bumped to mytime dining and the other had early dining with an assigned table. Things happen. Fortunately we were doing the dining package so it didn't matter.

My son joined us on a cruise for May just last month. He is assigned late dinner but wants to have dinner with us. I am just going to go to the dining room once we board and arrange it. They usually comply with the requests out of my 23 cruises have not had any turn downs

4 hours ago, happyshelly said:

My son joined us on a cruise for May just last month. He is assigned late dinner but wants to have dinner with us. I am just going to go to the dining room once we board and arrange it. They usually comply with the requests out of my 23 cruises have not had any turn downs

Wouldn't it be a heck of a lot easier to explain the situation and have him changed to your seating time and link the reservations?  That way nobody has to scramble round to change tables at the last minute?