Eclipse - returning to service 4/23/22 - questions

Cruiser Nonna

It is my understanding that the Eclipse has been out of service since March 2020 - does anyone know if anything has been done to the ship during this time?  Had heard that it was scheduled for "upgrade" but then did not happen - any information would be greatly appreciated

Stay well and safe and thank you again!

9 hours ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

It is my understanding that the Eclipse has been out of service since March 2020 - does anyone know if anything has been done to the ship during this time?  Had heard that it was scheduled for "upgrade" but then did not happen - any information would be greatly appreciated

Stay well and safe and thank you again!

I saw the Eclipse down in Long Beach, Ca a couple of months ago and the hull is now painted blue. I think it may have gone into drydock for maintenance, but not to be revolutionized. 

Edited by HBDave

I've been searching far and wide for information on this.  I am scheduled to work the cruise port in San Francisco on Wednesday 4/20.  I know that that cruise has been cancelled.  However, the port seems to think that the cruise is still a go; of course, I know better with all the information that I get from my fellow cruisers on cruisecritic.  I see that Solstice and Eclipse are both currently anchored off the coast of San Diego.  I assume that Eclipse will reposition to Vancouver without any passengers for her 4/23 cruise to Hawaii, but does anyone know if she will make the port of call in San Francisco as scheduled with just her crew?  I don't have instagram so if anyone can get in touch with CD Sue Denning it would be greatly appreciated.

8 minutes ago, XLVIII said:

Eclipse and Solstice earlier this week anchored off San Diego (seen from Koningsdam). 

E4BEE16E-3430-4AF3-AD17-4F48DECF9FEB.jpeg

I am booked on the Eclipse 11 nights Hawaii April 23rd.  Hope she's ready!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I am booked on the Eclipse 11 nights Hawaii April 23rd.  Hope she's ready!

Did that cruise three years ago on the Eclipse, loved it.  The first few days it was cool, but knowing it was going to get better made it easier to take.  

15 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

Did that cruise three years ago on the Eclipse, loved it.  The first few days it was cool, but knowing it was going to get better made it easier to take.  

Are the pools usable the first couple of days?  I love spending sea days by the pool.  Firsr time in Hawaii and getting pretty excited. 

We did that cruise Vancouver to Hawaii in October 2019 on the Eclipse and one of our best cruises ever.  Can't wait to be back on the Eclipse this May 22nd to Alaska. Some people were in the pools first few days, I'd be more tempted to use the covered pool forward as the first few days were brisk, and of course always the hot tubs. About day 3 it started to get warm and pure bliss.  

• Thanks 1