Spirit, Barcelona to Athens, bits & pieces

zqtchas

13 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I wonder if there are excursions to Taormina?  I would guess so.  If you anchor off Taormina it seems to take a long time to get there;  tender in and then a bus ride up.  It might not be much longer from Messina.

Lola

The tours are still on, a half hour longer.

• Like 3

Free tours are not worth the price.

Used an ATM in Crete yesterday, lost $92.00. Didn’t spit out the money.

Official in bank was indifferent.

HD Jimmy has left the ship. Alantide service still spotty.

Lots of new faces after Malta.

Hard to find a quiet spot. Music in panarama too loud to have a conversation during pre dinner time.

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Any idea where Jimmy has gone? Or who is replacing him?

When peeps are coming to the end of their contract, they often can't help mentioning it - Aimee frequently said she was getting off in Barcelona - but Jimmy didn't say anything and when I've sailed with him as CD he did, so I wonder if it was planned or not.

Edited by jollyjones

27 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

Any idea where Jimmy has gone? Or who is replacing him?

When peeps are coming to the end of their contract, they often can't help mentioning it - Aimee frequently said she was getting off in Barcelona - but Jimmy didn't say anything and when I've sailed with him as CD he did, so I wonder if it was planned or not.

When we got tested at the Rome stop we chatted re testing to go home and he mentioned about getting off soon. I thought he meant Athens where we depart, but

I noticed he was gone after Malta. Don’t know the replacement.

• Thanks 2

On 4/21/2022 at 9:28 PM, zqtchas said:

Free tours are not worth the price.

Used an ATM in Crete yesterday, lost $92.00. Didn’t spit out the money.

Official in bank was indifferent.

HD Jimmy has left the ship. Alantide service still spotty.

Lots of new faces after Malta.

Hard to find a quiet spot. Music in panarama too loud to have a conversation during pre dinner time.

That’s not good…………none of it!

Now docked in Rhodes. Once again it’s windy and too cool to dine out. Most have left

on tours. New HD Henry, has been with the company about a year. Jimmy has left on vacation as stated before. Antonio is among the latest casualties. There was a water

leak at the stair area on deck 7 a few days ago and was water  vacuumed and had

dryer fan’s running for a few days. Lots of happy old heavy weights aboard. Menu in Alantide is pretty much the same every day except for the daily front page special,

witch sometimes relies on an inside standard. Desserts have been good. One of my favorites is the Volcano chocolate cake, which is almost like fudge. Silver Note has been

very popular.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 12:51 PM, zqtchas said:

Had this wine with dinner last night. We thought it tasted pretty good $145.00.

CF821339-5C37-4E43-8F67-C54129124103.jpeg

Retails for about $75 so pretty good value considering . . . hope the food was up to it!

• Like 1

Well, Fletch I’ve been waiting for someone to jump in and tell me what the going price was!  I googled it and the price was all over the place. Nevertheless I had some obc to use and this just tasted so good i bought it 2 more times.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Retails for about $75 so pretty good value considering . . . hope the food was up to it!

If your local wine pusher is selling you a 1er cru Henri Boillot Clos de la Mouchere 2017 for $75 please remember to give him a Christmas gift as a token of appreciation 🙂 That would be the price for a Puligny-Montrachet villages from the same producer many other places. Last time I saw it it was at ~$150.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Henry (from Germany, lives in the Philippines) was our HD on the Cloud Christmas Antarctica voyage, he is in the middle of the photo below.  I appreciated his able assist in helping me do behind the scenes Silver Cloud crew profiles, and he took good photos that complemented the crew member stories.

278174991_763297461706679_5673292520663732069_n.jpg

Edited by WesW
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1