Can I request a change in dining time if I booked through an online TA?

I booked a cruise through an online TA in a moment of weakness/dumbness a couple of years ago.  I need to change the dining time on that cruise; can I call Royal directly or do they have to do it?  After an endless time on their chat option, they have just sent me to a different number for help because this is too difficult a question for them 🙄

2 minutes ago, Janet524 said:

If you booked through a TA, you have to go through them.  You could, however, try to change your dining time once onboard but you'd take the chance that your desired dining time is fully booked.

Thank you, I was afraid of that.  I have lost faith since they did not recognize my name, phone number, email address, booking number or itinerary number.  I have a great TA now, but I booked this one online a long time ago and now regret it.

19 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Try emailing dining@rccl.com with your booking number, ship, and sailing date and your dining request.  They may be able to help. 

13 minutes ago, molly361 said:

That's what I did. 

I was going to suggest the same.  Dining really does not care who you booked through in most cases

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Grandma7 said:

I just tried this morning. After being on hold for an hour I was told my travel agent had to do it!🤨

See my previous response (#4) and email dining@rccl.com.  RCCL typically will not do it over the phone if you booked through a TA.  But if you email as described they usually can assist.

• Like 1

Thanks, all!  I did not see your responses until I was already on hold, so I followed through with that.  And I withdraw my comments about the online TA, the second person I spoke to was great; she was on hold with Royal for 2.5 hours and kept updating me every 20 minutes.  After 2 hours and 45 minutes, it was done.  

The change to MTD now beginning at 6:45 was our problem.  I always chose MTD on the Oasis class so I could plan dinner around shows, but it is not possible for my SO to work around a two-hour delay from his normal mealtimes.  We are now set up for early dining on next week’s cruise, and I will try sending one email for the remaining cruises - tomorrow, because the three-hour phone calls are exhausting!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Thanks, all!  I did not see your responses until I was already on hold, so I followed through with that.  And I withdraw my comments about the online TA, the second person I spoke to was great; she was on hold with Royal for 2.5 hours and kept updating me every 20 minutes.  After 2 hours and 45 minutes, it was done.  

The change to MTD now beginning at 6:45 was our problem.  I always chose MTD on the Oasis class so I could plan dinner around shows, but it is not possible for my SO to work around a two-hour delay from his normal mealtimes.  We are now set up for early dining on next week’s cruise, and I will try sending one email for the remaining cruises - tomorrow, because the three-hour phone calls are exhausting!

Make a note to double check your dining assignment once you get onboard......just to be sure it took.

We are currently on Anthem.....had our TA change us from My Time to Late Traditional several weeks before the cruise and it did not stick.  When we got on the ship we were still in My Time, but easier to slide into Late seating than First seating.

Have fun on your trip!

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Not sure why your TA had to hold.  Changing dining times is something that TA's can do on line in cruising power, literally a 2 minute task. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not sure why your TA had to hold.  Changing dining times is something that TA's can do on line in cruising power, literally a 2 minute task. 

So my first impressions were correct after all.  Virtual chat was impossible, the chat with a person wasn’t any better but took even longer, and I had to explain three times that MTD doesn’t really mean you can eat any time you want if you want to eat before 6:45.  They also missed the change in final payment dates, but I just paid when they wanted it so I didn’t have to call.  This cruise was a result of one of those emails with an almost too good to be true price.  It would probably have been fine if it had sailed on the original date, but time (and lifting & shifting) complicated it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I tried emailing dining@rccl.com and received an “undeliverable” message.  There are a few things suggested to try and I will do that later today.  The final suggestion in the message was to call instead 😂

It's rcldining@rccl.com not the above 

• Like 1