Online check-in

LMKakaThing2

Sorry if this has already been posted, but you can’t search the NCL forum on your phone for a specific topic. 

When doing the online check-in, do you need to take a picture during the online process or can you upload a picture already on your phone or computer? 

Layout of the picture is important.  It needs to be like a passport picture with plenty of light-colored space around the face.  I had to redo mine because the face took up too much of the screen.  An oval will show up on top of picture and it can't be much bigger than that.

15 minutes ago, DwayneG said:

Layout of the picture is important.  It needs to be like a passport picture with plenty of light-colored space around the face.  I had to redo mine because the face took up too much of the screen.  An oval will show up on top of picture and it can't be much bigger than that.

Thank you for this information. I’ll keep this in mind when we take our pictures tomorrow. 

13 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

They take a new one at check in.  

Which seems to negate taking/uploading a picture during online check-in.  If they're just going to take a new one when we get there why are they bothering with having us upload one?  It's silly.

1 hour ago, jules181 said:

I used my corporate headshot from work, and uploaded it with no issue. 

I was never asked to re-take it throughout my cruise and the cameras recognized me every time I got off and on the ship.  

I have been on 4 cruises since the restart and never had my photo retaken either.  I did misplace my boarding pass in February for my Escape cruise and the woman at check-in typed in my name, held up her Ipad and showed me the photo I downloaded and said 'that's you!'.  

16 hours ago, LMKakaThing2 said:

Sorry if this has already been posted, but you can’t search the NCL forum on your phone for a specific topic. 

When doing the online check-in, do you need to take a picture during the online process or can you upload a picture already on your phone or computer? 

I found it easiest to just take the picture with my laptop when I got to that part of the check in. That way you do not need to worry about uploading a picture and it not fitting. 

We did our online check-in as soon as it was available, at 21 days.  

Today it is exactly a week before we sail, and we received an email from NCL saying "We see you have not yet checked in for your cruise", blah blah  blah🙄

We are diamond, and this is our umpteenth NCL cruise. Never had so many goof ups with our eDocs (wrong Lattitude number for hubby, Insurance bought thru NCL wasn't on document page as in the past),

very difficult to get in contact with them by phone, several things......They are really struggling, however, so are all industries at this time.

Gotta take it in stride and simply look forward to getting on that ship before it leaves port!!

I need a vacay.....

Be prepared for the screw ups to continue once you get on board.  I’m Diamond too and have never experienced the multiple errors like I did last month. Mostly the errors were with disembarkation notices and someone else’s bar tab being put on my cruise card then the second week of the back to back things got even worse with my cruise card not working because NCL didn’t load my credit card into the cruise card.  I also did not receive any of my Latitudes benefit offers for the second week and had to ask three times before they were delivered.  The mistakes did not have a huge impact on the quality of the cruise (it was truly wonderful!) but there were multiple hiccups!

Edited by YVRteacher

31 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

cruise card not working because NCL didn’t load my credit card into the cruise card.

When i was on the Getaway in February i was not allowed to leave the ship due to this issue at the end of the cruise . First time my credit card info got lost which is strange since its the  same credit card i used for online info and the same card they swipe at the terminal