Nafplion, what to see & do

ski ww

Nafplion is a very beautiful City in Greece Peloponnese (was once Greece Capital) and I was there already 4 or 5  times - you will love it since there is a lot to visit and it is much more authentic than Santorini.

There's a wonderful Castle of Palamidi to Visit- wonderful promenade- great restaurants- beautiful streets- I would even combine it with few hours of a tour in the area (there are even great wineries for Wine tasting tour around) 

• 3 weeks later...

Mimicosti

Is it easy to walk around on own? Is the castle far from the port? Are there good beaches? Glad to know there are good wineries?

Are there taxis at the port for hire that we can have take us around the island?

15 minutes ago, marazul said:

It is easy to walk around the town. The castle is on a hill above the town and you will need a taxi. The wineries are outside the town and you need a tour or other arrangements. 

thanks

• 11 months later...

Ski WW, Marazul, and Mrspaper, have you all been on your cruises that stop in Nafplio? If so, is there a good private company or driver you recommend to use for a tour to Epidaurus Theater and/or Mycenae ruins? Are there reliable drivers one can meet at the port or should any tour/driver be booked in advance? Is it easy to walk to Nafplio from the pier? Thanks for any help and insight you can share from your experiences.

Linda

I have been there on cruises and land vacations. You can walk right into town from the tender port. There are no tours to be picked up at the port (same throughout Europe). There are a few taxis, but they are not tour guides. You need to book your tours in advance. I don't know any local operators. Google "Nafplio tourism" or "Nafplio shore excursions" and see what vomes up.

Good luck. 

I will just add that I found both Mycenae and Epidaurus wonderful, far more so than just walking around Nafplio. 

It wouldn't be a bad place to just take a shore excursion to these two places, if offered, as it would cover a lot of ground and could be expensive by private taxi.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 10:54 PM, mrspaper said:

Mimicosti

Is it easy to walk around on own? Is the castle far from the port? Are there good beaches? Glad to know there are good wineries?

Are there taxis at the port for hire that we can have take us around the island?

There also is a hopon off bus in Nafplion. Yes it goes to the castle too. https://nafpliocitytour.gr/book-now/  and of course more tours. theck the website.