Currency on Norway cruises

10 hours ago, Travel Bear said:

Our first port is Stavenger and we have a tour booked. Does anyone know if there is an atm at the port terminal to cash for tipping the tour operator? Or should we get money for tips prior to leaving the U S? Ty.

Pre-covid, there was a Tourist Information Office at the pier.  I suspect they would have an ATM.  And that assumes it will be open for business.  Here is their website...  you may be able to ask them via email or Facebook links on the page.

https://www.visitnorway.com/places-to-go/fjord-norway/the-stavanger-region/listings-stavanger/stavanger-tourist-information-office/1843/

13 hours ago, Travel Bear said:

Does anyone know if there is an atm at the port terminal to cash for tipping the tour operator? Or should we get money for tips prior to leaving the U S?

There is a bank with ATM 5 to 10 minutes from the pier - just be aware that you might spend up with big banknotes and no option for changing - Norway is almost cash less and it might not be possible just to exchange a banknote. Also tipping is not common in Norway. No need for tips. For other shopping use credit card.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information. Are you saying it is not custom to tip tour drivers or guides in Norway?   I will try sending an email.  I am still waiting for documents from Sandra on meet times for the tour so dont know yet if we will have time for the atm. May need to exchange some at the bank at home for tipping. Still time to figure it out.

5 hours ago, Travel Bear said:

Are you saying it is not custom to tip tour drivers or guides in Norway? 

Yes, tips/service is included in prices - for tours as well as for restaurants. Tipping appreciated but not required. Personally I never tip in Norway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...