Beyond - Outdoor seating for Blu?

OysterD

Looking at booking aqua cabins on Beyond for later this summer and noticed on the Celebrity website when you click on 'view gallery' of photos for an aqua stateroom, they have a couple of interior photos of Blu and also one photo/rendering (it's so hard to tell the difference sometimes!) of what looks like outdoor seating for Blu. The deck plan of Beyond seems to indicate there is a fair bit of outdoor deck space right outside Blu on deck 5 but it doesn't show any outdoor tables/chairs like it does for Eden just a little bit further down the deck from Blu. 

Anyone know or heard if Blu will be getting outdoor seating on Beyond, because if so, that would be brilliant. One of my favourite restaurants together with outdoor seating, perfect!

Beyond - Blu Outdoor Seating.JPG

There were provisions for outside deck dining for Blu on the Edge and Apex.   It was a failed experiment like the other outside dining areas along the side of the ship.    It was too windy.     The area is there but they don’t utilize for dining.   I seen people dining on the tables outside of Eden and they are die hards,   Wind blowing and sun beating on them.      Napkins blowing away along with any light item on the plate.  

Unless they change something I think it is just a stock photo that they use from the other ships as the ship is still being built.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

19 hours ago, miched said:

There were provisions for outside deck dining for Blu on the Edge and Apex.   It was a failed experiment like the other outside dining areas along the side of the ship.    It was too windy.     The area is there but they don’t utilize for dining.   I seen people dining on the tables outside of Eden and they are die hards,   Wind blowing and sun beating on them.      Napkins blowing away along with any light item on the plate.  

Unless they change something I think it is just a stock photo that they use from the other ships as the ship is still being built.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Although while in port dining outside at the Eden Cafe can be a beautiful experience!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CruiseDoc79 said:

Although while in port dining outside at the Eden Cafe can be a beautiful experience!

It would and could be but Eden Cafe isn’t open on port days.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 5:52 PM, CruiseDoc79 said:

Funny it was open during our Feb 2022 cruise on Apex. I had a lovely lunch outside while docked in Nassau.

On 4/17/2022 at 6:14 PM, LGW59 said:

I did as well on EDGE 

My mistake.  Thanks for the correction.   It is breakfast when they are closed on port days 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

4 minutes ago, micmacmissy said:

Just off Apex and Aqua class passengers were complaining about the lifeboats blocking the view from Blu.  Not sure if it will be that way on Beyond, but it was definitely an issue on Apex.

We were on Apex last fall and had met a couple in Barcelona pre-cruise.  They were in Aqua class while we were not.  We ran into them several nights in various MDR’s as they were not at all happy with the very obstructed view.  Like us, they were quite impressed with the food in the MDR’s.

25 minutes ago, micmacmissy said:

Just off Apex and Aqua class passengers were complaining about the lifeboats blocking the view from Blu.  Not sure if it will be that way on Beyond, but it was definitely an issue on Apex.

Did they ask the maître d' to move the lifeboats? 🤯

• 1 year later...

We just returned from a week long cruise on Apex in Aquaclass and ate at Blu every night. To be honest, we only had dinners there (save for 1 breakfast) and, while we did notice the lifeboats they most certainly were NOT a detraction for evening dining because our focus was on the food, the impeccable service and the company of new found friends. 

We really only noticed them when waiting at the entrance for our tables and, even on the few times we were seated (and specifically ASKED) at tables by the windows, the lifeboats truly were not at all noticed because when we ate (always after 8pm) it was dark outside so there really wasn't any reason to look out the window anyway 🙂

I will grant, that for early dining, this may be a detraction - but, if you are ones like us that like to dine after dark - you will hardly even take notice.

On 4/13/2022 at 7:18 AM, OysterD said:

Looking at booking aqua cabins on Beyond for later this summer and noticed on the Celebrity website when you click on 'view gallery' of photos for an aqua stateroom, they have a couple of interior photos of Blu and also one photo/rendering (it's so hard to tell the difference sometimes!) of what looks like outdoor seating for Blu. The deck plan of Beyond seems to indicate there is a fair bit of outdoor deck space right outside Blu on deck 5 but it doesn't show any outdoor tables/chairs like it does for Eden just a little bit further down the deck from Blu. 

Anyone know or heard if Blu will be getting outdoor seating on Beyond, because if so, that would be brilliant. One of my favourite restaurants together with outdoor seating, perfect!

Beyond - Blu Outdoor Seating.JPG

No outdoor seating for Blu on the Beyond.  There is a patio there but no tables or chairs.  Dead space.