Has anybody used Radeas Test Kits.. Testing is a nightmare right now.... Princess Cruises

mpdog42

Well so far, This Testing thing is not going so well...So far Docgo is not offering testing at the pier out of Seattle for my Princess Cruise Optum is out of stock on this test kits...My area is a nightmare to get a PCR results back in time because of Delays...So other than testing at the Seattle airport...$250.00...I guess there is the option of the Radeas Kits...Are they as easy to use as the Optum kits are?

Thanks

Edited by mpdog42
addition

4 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

Well so far, This Testing thing is not going so well...So far Docgo is not offering testing at the pier out of Seattle, Optum is out of stock on this test kits...My area is a nightmare to get a PCR results back in time because of Delays...So other than testing at the Seattle airport...$250.00...I guess there is the option of the Radeas Kits...Are they as easy to use as the Optum kits are?

Thanks

Emed has tests available but they only sell the 6 pack-same tests as Optum

https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack?hsLang=en

• Like 1

• mpdog42 changed the title to Has anybody used Radeas Test Kits.. Testing is a nightmare right now.... Princess Cruises
9 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Emed has tests available but they only sell the 6 pack-same tests as Optum

https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack?hsLang=en

Tried the link, shows the test kits for two seconds then the screen goes all white...so i went to www.emed.com same thing...Wonder if there running short too....Thanks for your reply😀

37 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

Tried the link, shows the test kits for two seconds then the screen goes all white...so i went to www.emed.com same thing...Wonder if there running short too....Thanks for your reply😀

It seems to be working, I just ordered a 6 pack of tests.

• Like 1

Used Radeas on a cruise a few months back with zero issues.  Just tried to book a testing appointment for Alaska cruise in June on their site and it's super glitchy and won't allow me to pick the time I want.  The app is also giving me a white screen when I try to select a time.  Emailed Radeas several times and have been given the runaround; I've decided to look elsewhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mpdog42 said:

Well so far, This Testing thing is not going so well...So far Docgo is not offering testing at the pier out of Seattle for my Princess Cruise Optum is out of stock on this test kits...My area is a nightmare to get a PCR results back in time because of Delays...So other than testing at the Seattle airport...$250.00...I guess there is the option of the Radeas Kits...Are they as easy to use as the Optum kits are?

Thanks

Is there a Walgreens near you? The NAAT test they offer is acceptable to Canada as an entry test, and comes back much faster than a PCR.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, highloyo said:

It seems to be working, I just ordered a 6 pack of tests.

Strange, when i go to www.emed.com...i chose Travel...Go the Travel with Confidence...See a picture of a couple sitting on a bed...Its has a option of Order now or Start Test....Touch Order..See the pic for two to three seconds then white screen till i close out the page...

21 minutes ago, Spudd said:

Is there a Walgreens near you? The NAAT test they offer is acceptable to Canada as an entry test, and comes back much faster than a PCR.

Yep. Walgreens ID Now (not Antigen) is what we’ve used for both our RCCL and Carnival cruises this year and what we used for Hawaii last year.

• Like 1

I've tried Walgreen's once and never again, my wife her results back within 2 days and I've never gotten my results back. We had to go to plan B. We’ve used Sound Mobile Diagnostics a few times, great service, he comes to you or your hotel in the Seattle area https://soundmobilediagnostics.com/?msclkid=c8e827fbafad11ec8033a54f0def465d I made an appointment last week for him to stop by our house and give us the test before our June cruise on the Crown.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spudd said:

Thanks Just looked it to this,

2 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

I've tried Walgreen's once and never again, my wife her results back within 2 days and I've never gotten my results back. We had to go to plan B. We’ve used Sound Mobile Diagnostics a few times, great service, he comes to you or your hotel in the Seattle area https://soundmobilediagnostics.com/?msclkid=c8e827fbafad11ec8033a54f0def465d I made an appointment last week for him to stop by our house and give us the test before our June cruise on the Crown.

Did you do the regular PCR or the NAAT ID Now?  For ID Now, we’ve always gotten results back in an hour or two.  However, not all Walgreens can do them because they have to have the equipment in-house.

Regular Walgreens PCR, I’d tend to agree with you…

• Like 1

I just checked at Optum's website : https://store.optum.com/shop/category/tests-devices/covid-19-home-tests/ and they appear to be in stock - added to cart and got to checkout screen w/o any indication of stock issues on either the two pack or three pack.  One difference I did note vs a few weeks ago when I last checked is that the 2 pack no longer qualifies for free shipping, but the 3 pack does (order needs to be $75 or more to qualify now).

eMed appears to also have the 6-pack in ready supply: https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mpdog42 said:

Thanks Just looked it to this,

Make sure on the Walgreens testing website you select “ID Now”. It will be a red dot.  Do NOT select regular PCR (they send those out) or Binax Now (that is the Antigen)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

Strange, when i go to www.emed.com...i chose Travel...Go the Travel with Confidence...See a picture of a couple sitting on a bed...Its has a option of Order now or Start Test....Touch Order..See the pic for two to three seconds then white screen till i close out the page...

You may need to refresh your browser or delete cookies. I just went in there again and after I tapped travel it took me to the Order Now page. Tapping order now a pop up window appears with questions of the reasons for your order. Do you have pop up windows blocked?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I just checked at Optum's website : https://store.optum.com/shop/category/tests-devices/covid-19-home-tests/ and they appear to be in stock - added to cart and got to checkout screen w/o any indication of stock issues on either the two pack or three pack.  One difference I did note vs a few weeks ago when I last checked is that the 2 pack no longer qualifies for free shipping, but the 3 pack does (order needs to be $75 or more to qualify now).

Well, I owe you a glass of Fifteen Year Old Scotch...That link Worked...Order the Two pack...

Stress time over...

Thanks !!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, highloyo said:

You may need to refresh your browser or delete cookies. I just went in there again and after I tapped travel it took me to the Order Now page. Tapping order now a pop up window appears with questions of the reasons for your order. Do you have pop up windows blocked?

Yeah Thanks I will check on that for my future browsing!!

19 minutes ago, bmc alabama said:

Did you do the regular PCR or the NAAT ID Now?  For ID Now, we’ve always gotten results back in an hour or two.  However, not all Walgreens can do them because they have to have the equipment in-house.

Regular Walgreens PCR, I’d tend to agree with you…

My wife and I both took the NAAT ID Now COVID test. Walgreens is just about the worse pharmacy I can think of. Understaffed, incompetent comes to mind.

• Like 1

From reading the comments, it seems that Princess should make a better effort to do testing before one is permitted to board.  It may cause some longer lines, but will reduce the anxiety of many individuals. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

eMed appears to also have the 6-pack in ready supply: https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack 

Do you happen to know if one order of two tests may be used for two different people? If so, do you both share a Telehealth appointment or schedule individually?   Thanks so much to anyone who can offer experience with his. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bmc alabama said:

Make sure on the Walgreens testing website you select “ID Now”. It will be a red dot.  Do NOT select regular PCR (they send those out) or Binax Now (that is the Antigen)

I know I'm late to this party but we haven't cruised since they restarted.  We're sailing in June.  However, am I mistaken? I thought the Abbott Binax Now Antigen tests that are monitored online were acceptable for boarding.  Is this incorrect?

Thanks,

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, seagunthera said:

Do you happen to know if one order of two tests may be used for two different people? If so, do you both share a Telehealth appointment or schedule individually?   Thanks so much to anyone who can offer experience with his. 

Yes - you can use the two pack for two separate people.  Each person needs to register separately on the emed website and then log-in with their unique username/password to do their test independently.  You could do the tests concurrently on separate devices/proctors, but cannot do simultaneously with one device/proctor.  Took us about 30 min each from start to finish.

• Like 1