Oasis Balcony - Ocean or Boardwalk

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

OP...What did you decide would be best for your family?

I think we are gonna stay with the oceanview balcony guarantee! Now I just have to deal with my own impatience as I wait for a room assignment.

1 hour ago, PGHProducer said:

I think we are gonna stay with the oceanview balcony guarantee! Now I just have to deal with my own impatience as I wait for a room assignment.

Enjoy your cruise. And remember once the cabin is assigned you can check and see if another location is more to your liking...as long as it's exactly the same category.

12 hours ago, PGHProducer said:

I have a cruise booked on Oasis for this summer, with an oceanview guarantee balcony.

I just checked, and I can pick a room in a boardwalk balcony, and save about $150.

I've never sailed on an Oasis Class ship. Should I stick with my oceanview guarantee? Or switch to Boardwalk view? Interested to hear what people think...

(FWIW... I will be traveling with my wife and my 4 year old son)

Without a doubt, an oceanview.  The boardwalk can be very noisy and really not great if you want to put you child to sleep early or for naps.  I would also suggest as a cost effective option a central park view.  Much quieter and a nice view of central park.  Avoid cabins for all under the pool deck.  

Enjoy your cruise.