Obstructed Balcony Cabins on Anthem

It’s a matter of what is important to you.  I prefer the square cabins for the wider balcony, larger shower, and ease of moving around. We had to trade the sofa for a chair, but we’re fine with that. 

1 hour ago, Cruiser24 said:

Is it only the sixth floor that has obstructed views?  Thanks.

There may be a couple of very forward ones on deck 7 which RCI also considers obstructed. Also, some cabins on deck 7 on Ovation may be listed as obstructed but are not listed as such on Anthem. Obstruction is in the eye of the beholder.

On 5/4/2022 at 9:09 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

How is the weather for your crossing?

The first few days were overcast and quite chilly. Thursday it started to get better.  The last two days have been sunny, and today it was in the 60’s with numerous sunbathers about. Very pleasant to walk the track.  Tomorrow we port into Ponta Delgado, where it promises to be mid 60’s, but with periodic rain. 🫤

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 11:47 AM, artvlay said:

Thank you for the advice. I selected cabin 6198. its away from the davits.

We were in 6196 last month and this is a picture I took of the sunrise but you can kind of see how high the boat goes up. Overall aside from looking down to see the ocean I still felt like we had a decent ocean view.

2D182B16-DDA7-4F59-A6D6-C3869E6C8EA3.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, CruiseBride926 said:

We were in 6196 last month and this is a picture I took of the sunrise but you can kind of see how high the boat goes up. Overall aside from looking down to see the ocean I still felt like we had a decent ocean view.

2D182B16-DDA7-4F59-A6D6-C3869E6C8EA3.jpeg

Also I’m short so my husband’s view was even better 😂

14 hours ago, Cruiser24 said:

Is it only the sixth floor that has obstructed views?  Thanks.

There are 4 cabins categorized as 2E way forward on deck 8. I saw one on the cabin crawl. I did not understand why they consider it obstructed.  The only thing different was that the window/door to the balcony was like a giant porthole structure, so I guess you could say you have a different view from inside the cabin, but I saw no obstruction outside. It’s a bit difficult to explain, sorry I don’t have a pic. 

We were in 6258 for 9 nights in Feb. Loved the square shape and the larger shower for sure. Only drawback was if I was in the bathroom and DH was standing by his side of the bed I would hit him with the door! But I would book it again, absolutely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ridge4 said:

There are 4 cabins categorized as 2E way forward on deck 8. I saw one on the cabin crawl. I did not understand why they consider it obstructed.  The only thing different was that the window/door to the balcony was like a giant porthole structure, so I guess you could say you have a different view from inside the cabin, but I saw no obstruction outside. It’s a bit difficult to explain, sorry I don’t have a pic. 

I think it is exactly as you said and maybe not able to look up the stars because the bridge overhang on each side??