Refundable OBC ...whats Princess problem ?

phillipahain

46 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

So, being a betting woman:

Which will we get to us first?

The BIG tax refund (filed March 2022) or Princess refundable OBC of $400 cruise ended April 19th. 

I am going to bet it will be Princess as the winner!!

state or federal refund?

paper or e-file?

direct deposit or mailed check?

On 5/24/2022 at 2:51 PM, Astro Flyer said:

Disembarked Discovery over 6 weeks ago & received a final statement by email the next day. They incorrectly reduced my refundable credit by 25% so I immediately emailed their customer relations director about the discrepancy. Someone from his office usually calls within a couple of days to discuss issues but not this time. Staff is probably overwhelmed by too many issues to correct so decided to wait & see if I receive a check for the correct amount before attempting to contact them.

After 8 weeks received our refund check which was still 25% under the correct amount. Once again emailed their Director of Customer Relations but like the first letter documenting their mistake it’s unlikely to be corrected. Just another step towards losing trust in Princess to properly treat their guests & providing customer service.

On 4/19/2022 at 11:11 AM, Loverofdogs said:

We disembarked on January 22, 2022 from Sky Princess and had refundable OBC. We have not received it yet. I called Princess today and the lady told me I had to request the OBC??!!! Is this really what you have to do??  I have my statement and it says the refund has been sent to Corporate Finance.  We were on B2B cruises so it is not a small amount.  

Does it say, "referred to Corporate Finance"?

My final statement says that. We had $77 marked as refundable with the above.

No check yet, but it has been 8 weeks until the end of this month. Waiting...

21 hours ago, greenie082756 said:

So, being a betting woman:

Which will we get to us first?

The BIG tax refund (filed March 2022) or Princess refundable OBC of $400 cruise ended April 19th. 

I am going to bet it will be Princess as the winner!!

In my case, Princess is the winner.

My cruise ended on April 9, received my $600 OBC refund this morning.

Used USPS, sent my paper copy of my Federal tax return on March 4, requested direct deposit.  Haven't received my refund yet.   Went to irs.gov to check refund status, and got the message "we cannot provide any information about your refund".   My sister sent her on February 28, and when checked status on irs.gov, she got the same message.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Used USPS, sent my paper copy of my Federal tax return on March 4, requested direct deposit.  Haven't received my refund yet.   Went to irs.gov to check refund status, and got the message "we cannot provide any information about your refund".   My sister sent her on February 28, and when checked status on irs.gov, she got the same message.

hmmm ... 'paper copy' ... USPS ... IRS backlog processing 'anything' paper = 'not good'

oops - sorry, off topic ...

23 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Exactly. We just got our OBC refund in the mail yesterday.;

I mailed both our federal and state returns. Requested electronic deposits. Got our refund from our state electronically about 6 weeks later from mailing date. Still waiting for Federal electronic refund.

Like you, I tried to find out what was going on and got the same answer online.  

• 9 months later...
21 hours ago, newfietravel said:

I got off Sapphire Princess early Jan 2023 and have not yet received my $500 refundable.  Anyone else in the same situation?  Have anyone received their refund yet?

It should arrive shortly. They do like to drag it out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tangentially on topic...

We have three cruises in the next two months.  The first one, Princess, we have far too much OBC to use up on a TA that we'll mostly be reading out by the pool.  Some of it is refundable.  The last one is a TA on Carnival, where we have just $300 OBC.  Anyone ever move Princess refundable OBC to Carnival?  Is that doable?

Yeah, we could just wait for our Fall cruise, but there are a few things on the Venezia that I'd rather use OBC than cash for.