Haven 2 Bdrm Villa for 5 Guests

ohiocruisemom

Question for anyone that has sailed in the Haven 2 Bedroom Villa that has utilized the beds for the 3/4/5th passengers.  We are taking our daughter, son in law and granddaughter on the Breakaway in October.  How comfortable are the beds in the 2nd bedroom and the living room?  We realize they are not like the bed in the main bedroom but are they comfortable enough for adults to sleep on for a week?  Thanks in advance! 

What we did was ask for extra "toppers" to make the second bedroom and sofa more comfortable.  The drawback there is that (in order to prevent the room steward from having to set this up and down every day) we had to leave those beds "open" all the time.  Not ideal, but it made much for comfy for the folks sleeping on those beds (I was in the main king bed - yay me lol)  

We've done the above on both the Bliss and the Escape.

The bed is a fold out couch and it is extremely uncomfortable.  I travel with my dad so he gets the main bedroom and I get the back bedroom.  I always ask for an extra egg crate foam to be added.  Just make sure they put a mattress pad on top of the foam and not just the bottom sheet on top of the foam.  At the end of the cruise, my back is very sore from sleeping on a bed that’s not a bed. Size-wise, the bed is best for one adult.  There is an additional pull-out couch in the living room and there is a Pullman bed in the back room.

While the bed is unpleasant and uncomfortable, I don’t let this stop me from having a great cruise.  I know what to expect and just suck it up.  That said, I just did a back to back by myself and stayed in a regular balcony cabin and the best part was having a comfortable bed!

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 1

4 adults you met be better off booking two adjoining balcony cabins unless you want the Haven Perks. The second bedroom bed is adequate for 1 adult not 2. Then your grand child would be on pullout 

• Like 1

We had our son and his girlfriend (average size and not taller than 5' 10"), both 24 share the second bed and our other daughters, one in the pull down and one on the living room bed.  They all had the foam toppers for the bed and said they were fine. For us it worked.  I guess we make the most of that type of room!  One suggestion would be to get a room that is near the courtyard. That way if you have someone who is sleeping in the living room and another person who might be up earlier in the morning, they can hang out without waking up the rest. They could do that either way, but nice to be close in the morning.

• Like 1

We have had the 2 bedroom 4 times.  Twice my wife and I slept in the second bedroom on the pullout couch and twice my BIL and SIL slept in there.  We are both 5'10" and around 240 pounds and our wives are average sized.  While not as comfortable as the main bedroom it was fine for us.  The worst part was having no headboard all the way across the pullout.

• Like 1

Regardless of the cabin, five in a suite will NOT always idea.  However, it is do-able.  Many have replied to you with ways to do this and I must agree with most.  The main reason I considered this option of the Family Villa was the 3-5 person free or discounted.  Your issue as was mine was the number "5".  

Four guest are so much easier then five but we both have that magic number of "5". My first approach was not the Haven.  Instead two balcony rooms that connected.  Then I looked at the cost difference for the Haven Two-Bedroom Family villa.  In my case, I was paying for everyone so I asked if the other three were cool with this situation.  Let's say I got a less then enthusiastic response. 

So like you, I did my research.  Here is not only what I found but what we did.  The second bedroom is nice but kind of made for kids.  The sink and toilet are lower. However, with a egg crate topper it works.  Remember, the couple will not sleep together in this room.  

The couch is a normal sleep sofa.  Again, Egg crate topper.  These three folks will not feel like they are in a high-end hotel bed but it is not all that bad.  Especially when you add in the Haven Amenities. 

Remember the 3-6 guest do not get the Specialty restaurant perk so take that into consideration. The adults over 21 will receive the Premium Plus Package. Also, if your guest are really into the Internet on a cruise, make sure you are clear on how the WiFi works. Finally and this is kind of an issue. Regardless of the Two bedroom suite you get, the balcony is kind of small.  Look at the Youtube video's.  My big thing when posting here on CruiseCritic.com is managing expectations. 

When push comes to shove, this is the way to go for 5 guests.  

I hope in some ways that helps you.

Cruise well.

• Like 1

I've slept in the 2nd bedroom multiple times. I've never found it particularly uncomfortable, but on one ship (Dawn) it was incredibly low to the ground and I had a rough time getting up. Someone with genuine mobility issues might be better off in the living room in that case. In a different Dawn cabin2 bedroom suite and in the Gem the bed height was fine. 

It's a great room for sleeping as it completely blacks out.