Earning Diamond level status

14 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Yes, I guess at the moment, with the double points promo, it would be more complicated. When we hit Diamond, knowing the rules, we didn't even approach the LA to ask if we could be bumped up. I didn't think it would be fair to put them on the spot of having to choose between flouting the rules or telling us "no".

The only perk that I really care about is the drink vouchers. On my last cruise, where I became diamond, I already had the drink package. Bothering the LA to upgrade me when I really wasn’t qualified yet seemed redundant.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I agree. We hit Diamond two days into a nine-night cruise. I don't really understand why this is the rule. The LA on board has access to your cruising history and could easily bump you up to the next tier the day you make it. I would have been very appreciative of that. Unless the idea is that people are going to be so determined to take advantage of their new status that they will definitely book another cruise? 

I totally get the idea that Royal can make their own rules, and I can see lots of good reasons for this one.  That being said, we were given diamond status mid-cruise.  We didn't even ask, one of our friends brought us the diamond stickers.  Like many rules, this one can be broken too.

5 hours ago, johnjen said:

A follow up question on this topic. We're emerald. After this cruise in July, we attain diamond tier.

So....

If our next cruise (after this upcoming one) is Celebrity, are we considered diamond on that one?

You will be considered Elite on X. Elite=Diamond on RCI

10 minutes ago, johnjen said:

So I will still gain points on celebrity as I would on RCI....

The two programs exist independently.  Points earned on RCL apply to C&A;  those earned on X apply to Captain’s Club.  Diamonds on RCL receive the benefits of Elite when sailing on X.  Simply put,  points earned on an X cruise are not added to one’s C&A total.  

Edited by ILCTCRUISER
  • Like 1