Caribbean Princess or Emerald Princess ?

voljeep

they are the only 2 Princess ships in port on embarkation day - which gets terminal 2 ?

and if it matters , CB is the only Princess ship in port on its' disembarkation day so most likely will come back into 2

this matters since the cruise is just over 7 months away 😉

next up - choosing dining rooms and times...😈

11 hours ago, voljeep said:

they are the only 2 Princess ships in port on embarkation day - which gets terminal 2 ?

and if it matters , CB is the only Princess ship in port on its' disembarkation day so most likely will come back into 2

I would say CB so that they are returning to the Heron garage used by those passengers that drove to the Port.  Of course CB could dock at terminal 4 since the Heron Garage is used by passengers leaving from both terminals 2 and 4.  When we sailed on a 7 days cruise on the CB in January we left from terminal 2 and returned to terminal 4.  The Enchanted Princess - on a 10 day itinerary - was at terminal 2 (I don't think the Royal Class ships fit at the terminal 4 dock).

7 hours ago, capriccio said:

I would say CB so that they are returning to the Heron garage used by those passengers that drove to the Port.  Of course CB could dock at terminal 4 since the Heron Garage is used by passengers leaving from both terminals 2 and 4.  When we sailed on a 7 days cruise on the CB in January we left from terminal 2 and returned to terminal 4.  The Enchanted Princess - on a 10 day itinerary - was at terminal 2 (I don't think the Royal Class ships fit at the terminal 4 dock).

SKY Princess will be in port the day Emerald comes back - SKY will be at 2, so it makes sense for CB to be at 2 both days and Emerald to be at 4 or another terminal.

I 'think' I remember Disney is negotiating for terminal 4 'rights' at PE...

Normally pier 2 is used by the ship making repetitive weekly itineraries such as Saturday to Saturday. In your case these two ships arrive in FLL on different days of the week throughout the season with their meeting in port rare. These are both Grand Class ships. It is possible that piers 2 and 4 will be used if another line is not using pier 4.  Believe they fit.

I think there is a way to search the port everglades ship schedule months in advance and maybe even 7 months. Play around with their site.

Don't understand why it is important now. Certainly has nothing to do with embarkation/disembarkation 7 months in advance.

If the ship arrives at a different pier than it departed from Princess/Port Everglades has usually had shuttles to the originating parking garage for those who drove to cruise and parked on-site.  For guests who fly in/out, or whom are being dropped off/picked up by private transport, it should not matter what pier the ship departs from or arrives back to as the internal port signage will display pier assignments to anyone coming into the port to drop off / pick up passengers on any given day.  

• Like 1