husband read royal caribbean is going to require the booster to cruise?

OP do you think your husband might have meant Carnival instead of RCI - because Carnival does have some sailings requiring boosters but only if you are more than 6 months past your last dose of your initial vaccine:

"The following Carnival cruises require fully vaccinated guests who are more than 6 months past the last dose of their initial vaccine series to be boosted in order to sail:

Carnival Spirit 16-day Carnival Journeys – April 17, 2022
Carnival Pride Transatlantic – April 24, 2022
Carnival Pride Barcelona departures – May 8, May 19 and May 29, 2022
Carnival Splendor 23-day Carnival Journey (Transpacific) – September 6, 2022

For all other Carnival cruises, booster shots are just a recommendation and not a requirement."

https://cruisefever.net/the-carnival-cruises-that-require-a-booster-shot/

With RCCL the booster is recommended but not, at this point, required.

From their website:

All guests age 12 and up are fully vaccinated. Booster doses, though not required, are strongly recommended once you are eligible.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

In other news, our grocery store pharmacy called today to ask if we wanted to pick up our 8 free covid test kits. :classic_biggrin:

Which grocery store pharmacy is giving 8 free covid tests?  that would be nice to get since I used all mine up after getting Covid on WOS 2 weeks ago........

13 minutes ago, udamom said:

Which grocery store pharmacy is giving 8 free covid tests?  that would be nice to get since I used all mine up after getting Covid on WOS 2 weeks ago........

They all are. Rite Aid, Safeway, probably Von's, Albertson's. I think the federal covid funding might end tomorrow, so I would go tomorrow. We've just been collecting them all along, 8 per month. (but we stopped)  I hope you feel better, sorry about the diagnosis. Here is a link to more information: 

https://www.cms.gov/how-to-get-your-at-home-OTC-COVID-19-test-for-free

And here is the relevant information from our insurer, but all insurers are participating:

·    Retail pharmacies — We’ve added a new convenient option for our members to pick up self-tests at no cost from participating retail pharmacies, such as Walmart and Rite Aid. Visit kp.org to see a list of participating retailers.

You’ll need to take the test to the pharmacy counter and show your photo ID and Kaiser Permanente ID card. Availability of tests may vary.

If you do pay for an FDA-approved test, you can submit a claim for reimbursement at kp.org. Select “Coverage & Costs,” and then select “Submit a medical claim.”

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Coralc said:

They all are. Rite Aid, Safeway, probably Von's, Albertson's. I think the federal covid funding might end tomorrow, so I would go tomorrow. We've just been collecting them all along, 8 per month. (but we stopped)  I hope you feel better, sorry about the diagnosis. Here is a link to more information: 

https://www.cms.gov/how-to-get-your-at-home-OTC-COVID-19-test-for-free

Thanks Coraic! just went to my insurance website (Anthem) and they actually had a link that I could order 2 test kits each per person so I did that. 

Feeling better and glad I had a mild case! I'm a nurse so have watched some pretty horrific stuff these last two years. I have to admit to letting my guard down on WOS and Omicron said thank you! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got it in an email from RCI this is a cruise from Southampton in the UK. Your last vaccination must not be more than 270 days before. So if you had early doses you will need to be boosted.

This is specifically for the EU. RCI also request masks in the port terminal.

We are boosted and will take the next one in Autumn. The UK is very supportive of vaccinations and boosters.

We sail 22 May and are happy to do what is required. A lot of people here are still wearing masks even though the mandate has ended.

• Like 3

Freeze a paper cup of water. Pull away the top of the paper to expose the block of ice. Hold it on your arm for 15 minutes, look away when the doctor comes, and you don't feel the needle at all. I mean that literally - your arm is completely numb and you don't feel any of it.

My understanding after looking at Spains website, if your original vaccine or booster is more than 270 days old you are not considered fully vaccinated.  We were boosted in October 2021, so are planning to get the second booster before our cruise from Barcelona in July.

• Like 1

Just now, hazeleyes46 said:

What does the flu have to do with getting a booster?

IIRC you mentioned that you did not want to get boosted every six months; I naturally thought of flu vaccines since those are annual.

1 hour ago, spooky981 said:

Freeze a paper cup of water. Pull away the top of the paper to expose the block of ice. Hold it on your arm for 15 minutes, look away when the doctor comes, and you don't feel the needle at all. I mean that literally - your arm is completely numb and you don't feel any of it.

It's become psychological now. Her past fear was physical.  Her arm would blow up to twice its size and be red and warm for over a week after her flu shots for maybe 3 years straight.  She has Flu Mist before that.  THEN she got stung by bees and OMG that terrified her.  When she actually got the Vaccinations both times there was no reaction, so when I suggested she get a booster, she immediately ran off crying and shaking.  She would not stop for like 20 minutes.  She also has other anxiety issues.

When you see your child go through that so bad- that the PCP even could not calm her down for her normal 13 yo HPV vaccinations (this was before COVID), you just feel for your child! 

1 minute ago, baelor said:

IIRC you mentioned that you did not want to get boosted every six months; I naturally thought of flu vaccines since those are annual.

Ahhh ok. Yes, and I don't get those either. Knock on wood, I don't get the flu nor have had covid. 

• Like 1