Meet & Mingle

trbarton

17 hours ago, trbarton said:

Who do you contact to set up a Meet & Mingle on NCL/

Thanks! 

Tom😀

Check the roll call for the sailing to see if there is one scheduled. I couldn't find info for the sailing I'll be on so I just posted the meet up info in the roll call forum.

@So Cal Cruzer

I couldn't find info for the sailing I'll be on so I just posted the meet up info in the roll call forum.

I hope you first read  How to Set Up a Cruise Critic "Meet & Mingle" (or, Meet & Greet) on your NCL Cruise.

I don't know how much cruising you have done but i see you have only 6 posts on here; I hope you realize just how much hard work goes into arranging a successful M&G.

Good luck

3 hours ago, So Cal Cruzer said:

Check the roll call for the sailing to see if there is one scheduled. I couldn't find info for the sailing I'll be on so I just posted the meet up info in the roll call forum.

How did you pick the location, hopefully where their wouldn’t be a lot of other people?

I’m considering doing the same thing. 

I tried using the address for group reservations as suggested & it bounced back?

Tom😀

@tbarton

Tom

How did you pick the location, hopefully where their wouldn’t be a lot of other people?   You make a request for a M&G and suggest a time and date which they will accept or not.   Best an Early Sea Day at 10am or 11am.   They will nominate the place so they can set up with refreshments; it is always reserved for the M&G so there are NO "normal" passengers.

I tried using the address for group reservations as suggested & it bounced back?   Will you post in answer to this the exact address you used please?   Will see if I can help.

HTH

Mike

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

@So Cal Cruzer

I couldn't find info for the sailing I'll be on so I just posted the meet up info in the roll call forum.

I hope you first read  How to Set Up a Cruise Critic "Meet & Mingle" (or, Meet & Greet) on your NCL Cruise.

I don't know how much cruising you have done but i see you have only 6 posts on here; I hope you realize just how much hard work goes into arranging a successful M&G.

Good luck

Yes there can be a lot of work, flyers, name tags etc in planning a meeting?

I’ve cruised a lot on Princess, 29 cruises, & I’ve done over 20 meetings, & I’m well experienced in planing meetings so I’m waiting to see if the cruise line responds. 

My attempted email to NCL bounced back so I’ll see what happens. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

20 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@tbarton

Tom

How did you pick the location, hopefully where their wouldn’t be a lot of other people?   You make a request for a M&G and suggest a time and date which they will accept or not.   Best an Early Sea Day at 10am or 11am.   They will nominate the place so they can set up with refreshments; it is always reserved for the M&G so there are NO "normal" passengers.

I tried using the address for group reservations as suggested & it bounced back?   Will you post in answer to this the exact address you used please?   Will see if I can help.

HTH

Mike

Mike,

I used the following address…groupeventgateway@ncl.com. 

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<groupeventgateway@ncl.com>:
550: 5.1.1 User Unknown

I’ve done over 20 with Princess & am aware of picking the date & time & they pick the location. I have a template for a flyer, letters inviting the officers & for name tags. 

I’ll wait a few days to see if anyone responds. 

Thanks for your help. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

7 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

You read the thread cleverly disguised under thr title "How to Set Up a Cruise Critic "Meet & Mingle" (or, Meet & Greet) on your NCL Cruise".

Thanks!  I’ve read that & you’ll see in my post above what I’ve done & any results. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

I just arranged for our Getaway Meet & Greet/Mingle last month for our Cruise Critic Roll Call - the correct or proper format to use, is NOT groupeventgetaway @ ncl dot com

It is - SpecialEventsGetaway@ncl.com

For the initial acknowledgement - it is a standard boilerplate response, within 24 to 48 hours, you will get a "personalized" reply from the designated person at NCL HQ in Miami.

(Full Name)

Special Events Coordinator - Special Events Department

Tel: 305-436-xxxx (her/his direct number)

Replace the name of the ship if it is the Gem, Breakaway, Dawn, etc. as appropriate to one's M&G.  "Approval" from the ship is necessary and an appropriate space will be reserved & set aside, typically for 1 hour as a "Private Function" onboard.

Special Events always promptly responded to "my" / our request over the past few years when we wanted to ask NCL to host this function. AND, P.S. - there is no required minimum to get "approved" for the event, not 50, not 35, not 25, etc. - when I submitted the request in late February to setup the event, the numbers of attendees expected was set at 20 only (twenty).  As it got closer with last minute surge (one to two weeks out) - informed them of an increase and revised upward to 50, which was just about right - although, the headcount was supposed to be near 80 ...  That's a mini story by itself which I won't go into.  Our contact onboard was prepared and the venue setup properly, at Cagney's - with plentiful room for social distancing, should folks wish to sit a bit apart from others. 

Edited by mking8288
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, casofilia said:

@So Cal Cruzer

Good luck

I contacted NCL and they provided a date, time, & location. It's my first time doing a formal M&G since I couldn't find one on the boards here or anywhere I looked. They gave us an hour block. I recently participated in an informal M&G which was nice but kind of chaotic for the crew as 100+ of ended up at a bar with 1 bartender. I've planned events in my not cruise life, so hopefully a few people are able to connect with other cruisers. 🤞🏻

7 hours ago, casofilia said:

@tbarton

Tom

HTH

Mike

I emailed specialeventsbliss@ncl.com and just let them know I wanted to set up a M&G. I asked for embarkation day as I didn't know what the protocols are, and gave them an estimated group size. They set the date (1st sea day), time, and location. Also, give them your booking number and sail date when you first contact them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, trbarton said:

Yes there can be a lot of work, flyers, name tags etc in planning a meeting?

I’ve cruised a lot on Princess, 29 cruises, & I’ve done over 20 meetings, & I’m well experienced in planing meetings so I’m waiting to see if the cruise line responds. 

My attempted email to NCL bounced back so I’ll see what happens. 

Tom😀

Hi Tom,

If by chance you are trying to contact NCL to setup a meet and greet for the January 8th 2023 Getaway Roll Call we are all on https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2773709-ncl-getaway-january-8-2023/ please don't. The meet and greet for that cruise is being handled by @JIMESOPUS who has already started it previously. NCL is not too happy with multiple people contacting them for the same thing. If you are doing it for another cruise that doesn't already have one...then carryon.

Edited by Red-Sol
  • Like 1

Question dealing with M&G's. There has been discussion that on some of the recent M&G's Officers have not been in attendence. Is this still true??

9 hours ago, Red-Sol said:

Hi Tom,

If by chance you are trying to contact NCL to setup a meet and greet for the January 8th 2023 Getaway Roll Call we are all on https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2773709-ncl-getaway-january-8-2023/ please don't. The meet and greet for that cruise is being handled by @JIMESOPUS who has already started it previously. NCL is not too happy with multiple people contacting them for the same thing. If you are doing it for another cruise that doesn't already have one...then carryon.

I’ve been following that thread & didn’t see any information. I have done many meeting on Princess & would never contact the cruise line if I knew one was planned. 

PLEASE accept my apologies & I’ll look again for that information. 

Tom

• Like 1

FYI it specifically says to wait until closer to the sailing to reach out. If you aren't sailing until next year there's no reason to bother them now. I thought I was stretching contacting them a month before when it only wants 2-3 weeks.

2 hours ago, ajs922 said:

Question dealing with M&G's. There has been discussion that on some of the recent M&G's Officers have not been in attendance. 

Yes, this was true at the end of March onboard the Getaway, as a matter of corporate-wide policies for all ships in the fleet, to protect the health of the senior officers - especially all the ones up on the bridge.  We'll find out soon whether this safety "bubble" is still true early next month.  

With the M&G logistics and timing as it get close to the sailing date, NCL Special Events should / will inform your Roll Call on how to expect and whether or not, officers are permitted to attend or not. 

On 4/22/2022 at 2:17 PM, ajs922 said:

Question dealing with M&G's. There has been discussion that on some of the recent M&G's Officers have not been in attendence. Is this still true??

I can't answer for recent M&Gs but the one I have scheduled in a few weeks on the Bliss is scheduled to have officers attend as available, per NCL. We'll see what happens.