Quick Medallion Question

travellingnana

58 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

Could the batteries needed to be changed on yours?

Not sure about batteries.....There is a battery in there?  I lost the quarter sized medallion 48 hours into the cruise and got a replacement at the front desk that was the size of a key card (and much easier to keep up with).  

Batteries should have been good to go in both......

2 hours ago, Moondogy said:

Could the batteries needed to be changed on yours? I read somewhere else that it could happen.

The battery is not changeable. Some have had the Medallion mailed and posted it was DOA. They got a new one at the pier. If the battery goes on the cruise, get a new one at Passenger Services. Doubt it would have your name on it.  The Medallion itself does not carry your information. I've read it emits a code similar to an car's license plate. The ship connects the new code to your account.

Once home, we super-glued a stronger magnet to the back and they are now souvenier refrigerator magnets.

5 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

If the battery goes on the cruise, get a new one at Passenger Services. Doubt it would have your name on it. 

They actually are able to put your name and sail date on it.  Mine was giving me problems on the Emerald in February (likely because a dying battery) and so I went to Passenger Services and they went in the back room and returned in a few minutes with a new one labeled with my name.

When we achieved elite status on a B2B cruise we went to Passenger Services and they gave us a new black colored medallion and printed our names on it. So, yes they have that capability to print your names on it.