Check your Princess Account

leck57

We are leaving on a UK cruise in two weeks. Against this cruise 4 separate amounts of FCC from previous cancellations were used. This cruise was paid in full weeks ago and just after full payment some additional amounts of FCC (totalling $1,110) were placed in my account from a more recently cancelled cruise.

Today I noticed all of these new amounts have been noted as used against the cruise booking in two weeks despite it being fully paid. 

What the hell is Princess doing?

I called about this last year and was told that the system will randomly  assign FCC to any open booking. 
I was able to finally chat  with a rep who was able to lock it from being reassigned randomly, happened to me twice prior.

This actually worked and it stopped it from happening until I chose to use it. 

Edited by Jadn13

5 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

I called about this last year and was told that the system will randomly  assign FCC to any open booking. 
I was able to finally chat  with a rep who was able to lock it from being reassigned randomly, happened to me twice prior.

This actually worked and it stopped it from happening until I chose to use it. 

How can they apply it to a booking that was fully paid weeks ago? Earlier this week these amounts were sitting there with a note that I had to book and sail by 31 December. In the last 24 hours they have applied them to a fully paid booking.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, leck57 said:

How can they apply it to a booking that was fully paid weeks ago? Earlier this week these amounts were sitting there with a note that I had to book and sail by 31 December. In the last 24 hours they have applied them to a fully paid booking.

Mine was also applied to a booking paid in full, the system just sees an open booking and attaches .

My same FCC was applied twice to the same booking after it was removed.
The 2nd rep I spoke  to said it just randomly assigns itself every few weeks if a booking is open. 

Edited by Jadn13
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

You should be able to see the FCCs and what they were applied to in your Captains Circle account. 

Yes I'm aware of that and that is how I picked this up. Three amounts were correctly applied to my cruise in two weeks. The remaining three amounts just had the words about using them before a certain date but overnight they were applied to the cruise that is already fully paid. When these later three amounts were initially put back in my account the cruise was paid.

My TA has since checked and has established my cruise booking is noted as "overpaid". He is ringing them on Monday.

You really wonder just how stuffed Princess' systems are to allow this to happen. 

Edited by leck57

53 minutes ago, leck57 said:

My TA has since checked and has established my cruise booking is noted as "overpaid". He is ringing them on Monday.

You really wonder just how stuffed Princess' systems are to allow this to happen. 

If you had paid for this cruise with new money and not FCCs, then maybe you will get a cash refund in the amount of the over payment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caribill said:

If you had paid for this cruise with new money and not FCCs, then maybe you will get a cash refund in the amount of the over payment.

I had to pay with new money as the FCC's hadn't been credited when final payment was due. I'd be happy if Princess just returned the FCC's for me to use later i.e. as it was until last night when Princess applied the FCC to an already paid cruise. It's beyond a rational explanation really.

People on here are really savvy about their accounts, FCD's, FCC's etc. but we are a small proportion of the cruising market and I wonder just how much money is lost by people not monitoring their accounts.

I'm not saying Princess are trying to take people's money. I'm saying their systems/people are incompetent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leck57 said:

I'm not saying Princess are trying to take people's money. I'm saying their systems/people are incompetent. 

100% this. In the past, we’ve had as many as 50 FCDs each on our account, and I learned years ago to watch our CC accounts like I do my credit card accounts. When COVID hit and the cancellations started (we had 10 or 11), I was checking it daily. I always kept a print out too, and printed another copy when anything changed. It caused me unlimited frustration and hours on the phone when Princess’s system just applied any open credits to the next booking I made. Quite often, that isn’t what I wanted to happen.

As an accountant in a past life, there is no easily discernible audit trail when Princess makes changes.  This is a major weakness in the system. if it weren’t for my print outs, some of the changes they made would have been lost forever. 

• Like 5

On 4/23/2022 at 10:00 AM, PescadoAmarillo said:

... there is no easily discernible audit trail when Princess makes changes.  This is a major weakness in the system. if it weren’t for my print outs, some of the changes they made would have been lost forever. 

It's not just Princess, it is many lines.  Currently dealing with "missing" refunds, and inaccurately credited money.  It gets even more fun when the two people traveling are not a couple.    I should probably start doing printouts like you do.  For now I am happy to keep the multiple emails showing each change in email folders for each trip.