Covid anti-viral meds

On our last cruise before the pandemic (Feb 2020), my husband contracted Influenza Type A on day 8 of our 12 night sailing. After the ship's dr trsted and diagnosed him, he was given Tamiflu. It was given to me as well as a prophylactic. Just wondering if the ships are stocking Paxlovid or any other Covid anti-viral meds for a passenger that may contract Covid while onboard. 

6 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

My husband is high risk as he has Pulmonary and  Cardiac Sarcoidosis 

Have him call his cardiac health care provider to see if they will proscribe prophylactic treatment ahead of your cruise.  Make sure to fill any resulting prescription BEFORE you get on the ship, too.

Docs on ship will stabilize him for transfer to a hospital, not provide a treatment regimen to stay on the cruise.

• Thanks 1

Many have said they will treat you with dayquil, nyquil, cough drops and tylenol.      

If you need additional medical care, they will transfer you to a hospital at port.    

Tamiflu has been around for more than 20 years.   Paxlovid has been around for a couple of months and there are reports of issues with other medications that high risk patients take on a regular basis. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2022 at 2:37 PM, LadyShiva said:

Have him call his cardiac health care provider to see if they will proscribe prophylactic treatment ahead of your cruise.  Make sure to fill any resulting prescription BEFORE you get on the ship, too.

Docs on ship will stabilize him for transfer to a hospital, not provide a treatment regimen to stay on the cruise.

I think having a prophylactic Rx for Paxlovid is a good idea