Now online - 2024 Collection

WESTEAST

1 hour ago, KS&JW said:

Others listed above, plus Cape Town to Cape Town, the South America cruises that go to Antartica. 

Interesting that Cape Town to Cape Town is sailing in the month of May as typically Nautica sails this itinerary in January? May is shoulder season so less crowds but, chance of rain. Decisions decisions :classic_biggrin:

None of the European itineraries in the "selling fast" list? Mediterranean? Canary islands? 

Our TA said she "Will keep an eye out in case we can do it earlier.", so I'm a bit worried. We aim for French balcony on Vista (sailing from Venice), and there are only 20 of them.

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

Our TA said she "Will keep an eye out in case we can do it earlier.", so I'm a bit worried. We aim for French balcony on Vista (sailing from Venice), and there are only 20 of them.

same thing with the C cabins on the O ships  I have yet to secure one of those  over the years

We no not really use the balcony   but always end up with one  😉

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

same thing with the C cabins on the O ships  I have yet to secure one of those  over the years

Yep. Same for us. This is why we asked her to pre book. Not sure if she can do it.

We've already booked the Jan.19 2024  12 day cruise on the Vista. Looks like a nice trip. Like the stops outside Mexico. We're in a A-4 Concierge cabin. Same style as our Jan.2022 cabin.

Edited by rbtan
additions

22 minutes ago, rbtan said:

We've already booked the Jan.19 2024  12 day cruise on the Vista. Looks like a nice trip. Like the stops outside Mexico. We're in a A-4 Concierge cabin. Same style as our Jan.2022 cabin.

How did you book before the official release?

On 4/30/2022 at 11:37 AM, LHT28 said:

We had one once but were upgraded to something else, so never stayed in one. 

11 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

There was an earlier release of Vista sailings that included some 2024 cruises.

I just checked and this sailing is currently not available for booking. I also remember that till last week their website didn't show any sailings for 2024.

The only reason I'm asking is that I want to know if it's possible to pre book before the official release on Wednesday so I can press my TA to do it.

5 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

I just checked and this sailing is currently not available for booking. I also remember that till last week their website didn't show any sailings for 2024.

The only reason I'm asking is that I want to know if it's possible to pre book before the official release on Wednesday so I can press my TA to do it.

notify your TA  what sailing cabin you want

They have their list ready for when booking opens  😉

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

notify your TA  what sailing cabin you want

They have their list ready for when booking opens  😉

I did. But it's released at 7am and they are in New Mexico so 2 hours behind. I doubt she will get up at 5am to book, and the cabins might be gone within couple hours. I think our previous TA was able to do some kind of pre booking previously, but I'm not sure how it works now.

3 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

I did. But it's released at 7am and they are in New Mexico so 2 hours behind. I doubt she will get up at 5am to book, and the cabins might be gone within couple hours. I think our previous TA was able to do some kind of pre booking previously, but I'm not sure how it works now.

They have a system so all the TA's are  able to get their bookings done 😉

Let your TA deal with it  or you can get online  when bookings open & DIY

JMO

3 hours ago, ak1004 said:

7 am in what time zone, please?

14 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

7 am in what time zone, please?

7am EST. I remember seeing it somewhere, but I cannot find it now. Previous release was 9am if I remember correctly, so I could be wrong.

Edited by ak1004

3 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

7am EST. I remember seeing it somewhere, but I cannot find it now. Previous time was 9am if I remember correctly, so I could be wrong.

That's 4 am here on the west coast. That doesn't seem very fair.

4 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

That's 4 am here on the west coast. That doesn't seem very fair.

Exactly! If you live on the west coast or your TA is on the west coast, you have a disadvantage - unless there is an option to call 1-2 days before and pre book. For some reason, I still didn't get a clear answer from veteran members here if this is possible - maybe they want less competition?

8 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Exactly! If you live on the west coast or your TA is on the west coast, you have a disadvantage - unless there is an option to call 1-2 days before and pre book. For some reason, I still didn't get a clear answer from veteran members here if this is possible - maybe they want less competition?

My understanding is that the Public booking opens on May 4 at 9:00 ET.  I do not have any experience with the purported "pre-booking" scenario, so I can not advise on that aspect.

Per the release booking starts at 09:00 EST.

If you have a competent TA they will prebooked you . Not sure how many times that has to be said to sink in. 

A pre booking doesn’t necessarily book you. It means your  request is in the system. At whatever point Oceania decides, they hit GO, and all the algorithms take over. Combinations, Permutations, and Probabilities at that point. I call it the voodoo magic! We don’t know the established parameters of those algorithms , nor is O likely to tell us. Out spits bookings, or perhaps actually allocations for bookings it seems. Seems to me it was once explained that, for example, a TA may have a request in for 5 PH on a cruise but gets allocated 2. The TA decides the lucky two to fill the allocation. Also part of the black magic.

For those DIYers, you’ll notice you can’t instantly book and hold a cabin. Confirmation has to wait until it comes out of the spinning wheel.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Some grand voyages sailing in January and February 2024 have been visible on the website for more than a month already.

Edited by PhD-iva
Edit

We already booked our Jan. 19 trip on the Vista. We usually go through Oceania's booking personnel. The one I use is one of their top in house booking agents. We've used her since we first chose Oceania in 2018. I can't say names, as I believe it would be censored by CC.

So.. our TA was able to book us French Balcony on the Vista and Ocean View on the Marina. Plenty of available cabins even now, 24 hours after the launch, including on those "once a year" sailings that were supposed to be "sold out by noon"..

• Like 1