Chef's Table allergy restrictions

Titan_Cruiser

My wife and I booked the Chef's Table for our next cruise. It is our first time to try it. I have a food allergy that I would like to make them aware of before we sail. Does anyone know how I can communicate with the chef or whoever coordinates the dinner? I thought there would be a comments/special instructions section when booking but there was nothing. Thanks.

I don't know if they accommodate food allergies at such an event with the menu being set and specific.... unless you're just allergic to just pepper or something.  If your allergy serious and affects the food prep for the handful lf other guests attrnding they may not be able to accommodate you. Contact special needs department? 

When I did Chef's Table on Horizon there was a person who couldn't have Gluten, and they did substitute for her.  I don't know how to let them know ahead of time, but you can have your allergy added to your profile in your booking.  I would then ask when on the ship what to do.  

• Like 1

When we booked Chef's Table, we received a visit from someone at our dining table the evening prior. They asked us then about any allergies or issues with food. It was funny, because the other diners at our table thought that we must be some kind of VIPs or special people to be "invited" to this event. We informed them that they, too could pay money to be a VIP and attend this special event. 🤣

• Haha 3

Last week on the Pride we got a call to our room a few days before our chef's table event. The caller wanted to confirm our attendance and ask about any allergies or food sensitivities. I think they asked again when we checked in for the dinner.

• Like 1

I was asked well ahead of the dinner but I don't remember when.  Far enough in advance because they served a bleu cheese biscuit and mine was prepared without bleu cheese.  The wait staff were incredibly discreet when they set it down and quietly informed me it was made separately except then for the woman across from me asked why mine was different.  

• Like 1

When I did Chef's Table in 2019, there was another guest who had some type of special dietary requirements and they did a great job of accommodate her needs. There were several dishes specially prepared for her and with each dish the chef delivered it personally to her and talked to her about how it was prepared and what exactly was in it. And she commented that everything tasted amazing. It looked like Carnival really went out of their way to make sure that her needs were met and she was still able to have an amazing Chef's Table experience.