Good experiences for a change!!

riffatsea

Lately there have been many posts about poor customer service on Princess

I'd like to talk about the good ones for a change

We've had 2 wonderful Sea of Cortez cruises on the Grand since December

On the first one we complimented a crew member to the customer service desk and later that day we got a lovely surprise to thank us for doing that

We received a box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates

On the 2nd cruise our toilet wouldn't flush during the night

We called customer service on board and it was fixed within 15 minutes

That afternoon room service brought us a lovely bottle of red wine and chocolate covered strawberries with a note apologizing for the inconvenience!

I thought that was amazing customer service!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

From what I have read on ship customer service appears to be good with yours being an very good example.

It is has been the pre and post cruise customer service that severely lacks any resemblance  to to an customer friendly operation. Hours and hours waiting on phone lines with no resolution. Representatives saying it is the app program and there is nothing they can do about it. These are deeply imbedded issues from the top of the organization. 

9 hours ago, skynight said:

From what I have read on ship customer service appears to be good with yours being an very good example.

It is has been the pre and post cruise customer service that severely lacks any resemblance  to to an customer friendly operation. Hours and hours waiting on phone lines with no resolution. Representatives saying it is the app program and there is nothing they can do about it. These are deeply imbedded issues from the top of the organization. 

Agreed. From my recent calls to Princess, the reps seem poorly trained and answers from one to another are quite inconsistent.

11 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Lately there have been many posts about poor customer service on Princess

I'd like to talk about the good ones for a change

We've had 2 wonderful Sea of Cortez cruises on the Grand since December

On the first one we complimented a crew member to the customer service desk and later that day we got a lovely surprise to thank us for doing that

We received a box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates

On the 2nd cruise our toilet wouldn't flush during the night

We called customer service on board and it was fixed within 15 minutes

That afternoon room service brought us a lovely bottle of red wine and chocolate covered strawberries with a note apologizing for the inconvenience!

I thought that was amazing customer service!!

Same for me...thanks for letting CC poster know what an excellent job the crew on the Grand Princess do.  

I had an issue with out toilet too.  Reported it via crew chat and Purser's desk (covered all bases).  It worked itself out after an hour.

Voila!  Chocolate covered strawberries appeared from Room Service with no note.  Hmmmm.

Ships crew might be understaffed and overworked, but the crew generally give 125% to make sure your onboard experience is wonderful.  I, too, wrote a very long summary and gave it to Liz (Events Coordinator) to disseminate to Maitre d' and Hotel General Manager.  They needed to know how these folks work extra hard.  

• Like 1

We went aboad on the Ruby on our birthdays (3 yrs difference, same day), and our 25th anniversary was 2 days after that. We really loved our first cruise. Cruise director Kristoff was amazing, and he did this thing called the wake show, which was always good to watch on TV during the morning before breakfast. Lots of movies to choose from on the TV.  Medallions seemed to work well for us. Only one issue with drinks but got remedied right away. Food in MDR was great, we ate there twice and Crown grill on our anniversary was amazing. Everyone was super helpful and couldnt do enough. Id hear people complain that their butter was not the right softness, or an extra spoon was missing, and really giving it some to the poor servers, like they was something special and liked nothing more than to give out 'the big I am'. For pitys sake, you are not royalty, I wanted to scream. So if there was any complaint, it was others complaining about petty stupid little things. Our steward Celestina, top marks for her, she was amazing and super helpful, always delivered the princess patter which is always a nice touch. The buffet at Horizon Court was really good. We would get busy periods, but enough seating to go around should the main area be full. Salty dog hot dogs and burger was very nice, and the pizza was lovely at slice. Coffee and cones, having the mixed vanilla and chocolate ice cream with sprinkles, I wish I had found it sooner to be honest lol. The colours of the world show was great, and the gameshows in explorers lounge was a laugh a minute. We even had an entertaining round of bingo. The organisation of the trips, leaving for the trips on time, and scanning in and out with the medallion was very good. Crooners bar, we enjoyed that twice and Wheelhouse twice.

There was so much more we had not done. We didnt get chance to go in the pool, play golf, skywalkers, movie under the stars, the art gallery. We was kicking ourselves for not doing them, although the roof top pool and golf we couldnt help, we stupidly got burnt in San Francisco a day before we left, so plenty of aftersun and the shade. But the views made up for that, they were so nice, espcially san diego at night. Balcony room a great size. Im a big girl, and the shower was still fine size for me. And the wardrobe space was great too. DH can bring enough t-shirts to start his own shop, and there was still plenty of room for us both lol. Plus birthdays and Anniversarys, mention it on the medallion app. When you open the door, it greets you with a happy anniversary/birthday.

• Like 1