Question about meals in YC

cruisers5

We haven't sailed in Yacht Club (yet).  We have explored it, and love all the features of it, except my husband has looked at the menus and doesn't really find anything he likes on it.  (He's more of a meatloaf and potatoes guy, than a "gourmet meal guy").  If you do sail in Yacht club, can you order the meals from the "regular" dining room, or ask (a day or two ahead of time) to have something made for you.  I don't want to pay for the YC experience, then spend my meals times at the buffet so my husband can find something he likes!  

1 hour ago, cruisers5 said:

We haven't sailed in Yacht Club (yet).  We have explored it, and love all the features of it, except my husband has looked at the menus and doesn't really find anything he likes on it.  (He's more of a meatloaf and potatoes guy, than a "gourmet meal guy").  If you do sail in Yacht club, can you order the meals from the "regular" dining room, or ask (a day or two ahead of time) to have something made for you.  I don't want to pay for the YC experience, then spend my meals times at the buffet so my husband can find something he likes!  

I tried replying earlier, but I think they were experiencing problems with posts.  We were in YC on Seashore for two weeks in March, and they are very good with dietary requests.  Try and meet with either the YC director or Maitre d' when you board and have your husband explain his preferences and restrictions/limitations.  They will do everything to accommodate his requests.  The menu was the same week to week, so the first week we would look at the menus for the next day, and then make our plans based on that.  Discussed what we wanted with the maitre d', and had no problems.  On board, MSC has excellent customer service, especially so in YC.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

They will bend over backwards for your husband.  There is always a filet on the menu (yummy) which I would hope he'd enjoy.  As far as "meatloaf" type meals, even in the MDR the entrees "try" to be a bit fancy.  Better off just explaining what he'd like in advance and they will do their best to accomodate.

We always find out when Italian night is & eat in the main dining room. They tend to have more common Italian dishes & appetizers....like my favorite fried calamari.

AND....they blast Italian music there & the waiters dance. Much more festive atmosphere.

We just tell the YC concierge when we want to got there & calls them & makes a reservation for us.

I agree with your husband for his food preferences    :O)

I have to dissagree with crbonfiber- I ONLY WOULD BOOK MSC IN YACHT CLUB. I am sorry that your experience was not up to scratch. Mine was just great- I sailed Celebrity and Cunard only for the last 25 years and read so many good things about YC on MSC that I tried it for the first time last year. I was more then satisfied. Excellent service throughout the whole week.

Wonderful suite- all drinks ( nonalcoholic for me) in my fridge free- a nice fruit bowl always updated I could go on an on. So I  am on board again in a few weeks- I know the Seaside now- this year it is Seaview- which is pretty much the same.

As for the menue - I agree- they bent over backwards to accomadate you. For an example- I did not like the butter they brought in this fancy little serving thing and asked for a regular butter- no problem at ALL!

• Like 4