Live from Royal Princess sailing May 2, 2022 for 12 nights rountrip from Vancouver to Alaska

lks

2 hours ago, phabric said:

Looking forward to hear about the new seafood items on the menu.

Glacier has posted the Alaska menus on the Princess forum.  I don’t know how to link it so you’ll have to scroll.

I am Canadian.  I have a cruise from Vancouver to Whittier. To start the cruise I will be flying from Toronto to Vancouver.   After the cruise, I will be flying Anchorage to Vancouver, Vancouver to Toronto.

Since you mentioned everyone had to fill in ArriveCAN before getting on the ship.

I know I have to fill in ArriveCAN when flying from Anchorage to enter Canada at Vancouver.

Do I need to fill ArriveCAN when flying to Vancouver to get on the ship?

10 minutes ago, Senga said:

Glacier has posted the Alaska menus on the Princess forum.  I don’t know how to link it so you’ll have to scroll.

I have seen the new sea food menu posted.  I hope someone wii have some of the food from the new sea food menu and tell us how it was.

Happy anniversary and thank for taking us along on your vacation! We are considering booking our next cruise on the Royal so I look forward to hearing about your experience on this sailing.

1 hour ago, phabric said:

I am Canadian.  I have a cruise from Vancouver to Whittier. To start the cruise I will be flying from Toronto to Vancouver.   After the cruise, I will be flying Anchorage to Vancouver, Vancouver to Toronto.

Since you mentioned everyone had to fill in ArriveCAN before getting on the ship.

I know I have to fill in ArriveCAN when flying from Anchorage to enter Canada at Vancouver.

Doubtful since you are flying a domestic flight from Toronto to Vancouver. You aren't "arriving" in Canada since you never left it.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 10:13 AM, mrsskyhook said:

Currently waiting in line for security, checking and US customs. 20220502_101044.thumb.jpg.7db45039774fd8b22155d9f3b035b25d.jpg

US customs is painful in Vancouver.    The port always gets such bad reviews when it's customs fault.   How many were there checking people in?    3 yrs ago I was in line.  2 agents for 2500 passengers........... crazy

yes, you have to have it downloaded with all the information needed.  Then 72 hrs before arriving in Vancouver you finish it.

• Like 1

If your cruise does not re-enter Canada, you probably won't need ArriveCAN to board the ship. That being said, things change almost daily. Princess was very good about sending Emergency Announcements type emails to advise of current requirements.

6 hours ago, mrsskyhook said:

I forgot to mention... when we arrived at our cabin yesterday there were two documents waiting for us on the desk. Both had our cabin number on them. The first was a spa confirmation for a full body Swedish massage on Saturday at 10:30... Unfortunately it is for another person. (Hope you enjoy it, Bonnie!)  I returned the paper to the spa so they could get it to the right cabin.

The other document was a card to be presented to the dining room staff regarding our anniversary.  The funny thing was, it was addressed to my husband and another man!  I wonder what the other guy got in his cabin? 

Oh well, if those things are my biggest problem, it's a pretty darn good day. As my friend says "today does not suck". 

Sounds like you ran into Jackie at the martini bar, if you did you are one lucky cruiser.

If you see an "adult" woman running around the ship with light up "disco" sneakers, please say Hi to my "older", not-necessarily more mature, sister Linda from Florida.  She is traveling with her best friend and husband on the Royal with you.

Hope the weather improves and you have a wonderful anniversary celebration and cruise!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

Thanks for posting the patter   I can't make out anything.   Maybe you could try to retake the pictures.     Tried to zoom in but can't read any of it.

That person is on VACATION ...

And uploaded these images as a kindness ...

I would hope he/she will enjoy his trip ...

And forget about uploads.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, phabric said:

No, you are flying domestic.  And no ArriveCAN needed for your one way cruise from Vancouver to Whittier as you are leaving Canada going to a foreign country, USA, then you are disembarking.  And yes, you are correct that you need to use ArriveCAN when you fly from a foreign country, USA, arriving in Canada.

Cruisers in Royal Princess are required to use ArriveCAN because they are sailing to a foreign country, USA, and then will be arriving back to Canada where their first port of entry is Victoria on 13 May 2022.  So, in ArriveCAN, they will put in Victoria or Ogden Point Pier A or B as their first port of entry into Canada.  After their port of call in Victoria, the ship sails back to Vancouver.  There is nothing to enter in ArriveCAN for Vancouver as the ship is already in Canada.  ArriveCAN only asks for your first port of entry into Canada.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

Thanks for posting the patter   I can't make out anything.   Maybe you could try to retake the pictures.     Tried to zoom in but can't read any of it.

Will try.  Rough waves

46 minutes ago, phabric said:

Thanks, just wanted to be sure

Re:ArriveCAN app. I will let you know after I board Discovery tomorrow.

I filled mine in as best I could. Just doesn’t make sense. We embark in Vancouver & disembark in Seattle. 
it was not needed for my T.O. To YVR flight.  I will need to fill it in again to return to Toronto from Seattle.