Cruise vacation planner.

I would like to book another Princess cruise, but I will never use the vacation planner who booked my last cruise. I tried to contact her several times months before my sailing and right before my last cruise. I . called and left messages, sent emails, reached to her social media page, (she replied with an email reply asking me how she could help me) I responded with all of the reasons I was needing her assistance. She never got back to me. Any recommendations for someone who is easy to contact and would want a long standing cruise relationship?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

I would like to book another Princess cruise, but I will never use the vacation planner who booked my last cruise. I tried to contact her several times months before my sailing and right before my last cruise. I . called and left messages, sent emails, reached to her social media page, (she replied with an email reply asking me how she could help me) I responded with all of the reasons I was needing her assistance. She never got back to me. Any recommendations for someone who is easy to contact and would want a long standing cruise relationship?

CC posters are not allowed to give names of TA's or PVP's (they are internal TA's).  Certainly, lots of reports of poor ones like you had/have, but others post good and very good experiences.  It's the same story with independent/third-party TA's - some are great with good service and others not so much.

IMO, you would do best to find a good TA that gives a discount off the cruise fare and likely some group OBC as well.  Princess employees cannot give cash discounts, but some report that their established VP gives them some OBC sometimes (perhaps as a price match effort???). 

Where you stand now it is hard to find either one, so you can always book online yourself the next cruise and then ask around on board for recommendations.  Another option is to book your next cruise to hold space and then look on internet for agencies who will compete for your business and send you quotes for that same voyage.  ETA:  You have up to 60 days to transfer a booking from Princess to a TA.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

CC posters are not allowed to give names of TA's or PVP's (they are internal TA's).  Certainly, lots of reports of poor ones like you had/have, but others post good and very good experiences.  It's the same story with independent/third-party TA's - some are great with good service and others not so much.

IMO, you would do best to find a good TA that gives a discount off the cruise fare and likely some group OBC as well.  Princess employees cannot give cash discounts, but some report that their established VP gives them some OBC sometimes (perhaps as a price match effort???). 

Where you stand now it is hard to find either one, so you can always book online yourself the next cruise and then ask around on board for recommendations.  Another option is to book your next cruise to hold space and then look on internet for agencies who will compete for your business and send you quotes for that same voyage.  ETA:  You have up to 60 days to transfer a booking from Princess to a TA.

Agree completely. 28 cruises and never saw a benefit to using a PVP.

• Like 4

Perhaps call the Princess Cruise vacation planner number without using former panner's extension and request supervisor to assign a better fit.  Your recent experience seems unacceptable and very unprofessional.  

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, generichandle said:

Whereas mine is a nightmare who has cost me big $! Too bad I cannot name her. And they will NOT let me replace her. WILL NOT!

I would send an email to customer relations requesting that they get involved. How can they tell you that you cannot replace someone that you are not happy with?

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, generichandle said:

Whereas mine is a nightmare who has cost me big $! Too bad I cannot name her. And they will NOT let me replace her. WILL NOT!

My PVP transferred to another position several years ago. I was not happy with the new one as I thought they were unresponsive to my needs (never heard from them at all) I called and asked for a supervisor and said I would never work with that person again. She recommended someone to me and that person called me within the hour. I still use her. She answers emails and phone calls. The change was preshutdown. I have had regular contact with her over the last 2 years as cruises were book and changed. Price reductions ect. 

Also you can ask at the meet and greets on board as someone above suggested. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, generichandle said:

That is not possible. We had one we didn’t like and got another that is awesome. There is no way they can not switch them if you don’t like them. Not sure how they have cost you money. You could have booked something on your own or used a travel agent.  

• Like 2

I'm firing my new one as she won't generally respond and has become aggressive when she does (previous one retired).  @rabin1gave me a initials on 1 but we didn't click. If most of my cruises were USA based I'd just go to a TA or do it all myself but I really only need help when stranded flying long distances 

10 hours ago, Ombud said:

I'm firing my new one as she won't generally respond and has become aggressive when she does (previous one retired).  @rabin1gave me a initials on 1 but we didn't click. If most of my cruises were USA based I'd just go to a TA or do it all myself but I really only need help when stranded flying long distances 

I didn't give you initials we emailed you and I back and forth and I gave you his direct phone number and his email??? He told me you never contacted him so how could you never click???. I asked him a few weeks after when I gave you his info and I wanted to be sure you were helped. You told me then you were going to wait to see if the new one assigned to you by Princess was any good. I also had one after MR I was assigned and did not like them so I asked around and got the one I gave you and am very happy. He calls back or emails me as soon as I contact him. 

@rabin1i did call him but he and I did not click. And yes, I wanted to give mine a chance but if she responds she's now confrontational. Probably bc it takes a long time / I had to go to chat to get an answer which upsets her / I'm only supposed to email once a week with each cruise on their own email (I've got 3 cruises booked)  

Anyway I've asked that she be removed from my file 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@rabin1i did call him but he and I did not click. And yes, I wanted to give mine a chance but if she responds she's now confrontational. Probably bc it takes a long time / I had to go to chat to get an answer which upsets her / I'm only supposed to email once a week with each cruise on their own email (I've got 3 cruises booked)  

Anyway I've asked that she be removed from my file 

I know you used to get a lot of OBC because you said you did on these threads. I know MR never gave me a thing. I booked long cruises and was always unhappy with her but kept her because she did what I asked. I was planning to replace her and had this new person picked out. I have to wonder if this has to do with the fact that if the VP takes over a booking from another planner that made the booking they get nothing. I would think if the original planner is gone and the cruise is not paid in full the new planner should get it after paid in full. How I know is I just paid over $12000 for a CC mini, airfare, hotel for 2 days before and because he didn't book it the   the new man gets nothing. I don't think that is fair. What is your thoughts on that?

• Like 1

MR had stated she only got points if she booked the cruise or I paid through her.  And yes, although CVPs draw a salary they really need those booking points. New CVP only booked 1 of the 3. I did have her enter a cc# to pay the minimal due on 1st 2 cruises which would give her points on the other 2. Unfortunately once I change planners to one a personal friend  (also on CC) recommended the new planner won't get any points at all on those 3: not for booking / not for payments unless I un- couple those from my Visa card. But if I have an EZAIR issue getting to Southampton or Sydney that's who I'm contacting. So I need a responsive CVP

Definitely unfair. 

• Like 1

I just tried to email my PVP and got this as an auto reply.  Does this mean she blocked me?!  I've only had 1 interaction with her.  She was lovely and very helpful!

550 5.7.1 Service unavailable, Client host [209.85.166.169] blocked using Customer Block list AS(1420)

I also had MR and was satisfied with her service, always prompt, did what I requested, no problems doing an upgrade, etc. Now I have RW. I've tried contacting her once with a voice message, she never replied. Just tried again this weekend regarding a price drop on a cruise that is paid in full but not past the final payment date. We'll see if she responds. Should I put a courtesy hold on the cabin I want to keep it from being booked? I'm afraid RW will not respond and I'll be scrambling.

Edited by cjpj

@cjpjyes, put a cabin on hold so you don’t lose the price (or the cabin). 

the rules for PVPs getting credit are funny.   If I put a deposit down then xfer to my excellent PVP, she doesn’t get the credit.   So I put it on hold, email her, and have her enter the deposit.   Then she gets credit for the booking.  

Final payment is another spin I’d not thought about.   Was assuming I can just pay via the website…. But see now I’d better contact CB first.    After all the “please check this, please change that” she’s done, it would be unfair for her to lose out on any points by me entering cc info myself on the website.   

thx

Mary

On 5/7/2022 at 5:34 PM, Jmox84 said:

I just tried to email my PVP and got this as an auto reply.  Does this mean she blocked me?!  I've only had 1 interaction with her.  She was lovely and very helpful!

550 5.7.1 Service unavailable, Client host [209.85.166.169] blocked using Customer Block list AS(1420)

It could have been a mis-configured email server. Princess was performing system maintenance over the weekend.

Try re-sending the email.

On 5/5/2022 at 5:24 PM, generichandle said:

That is just wrong. When you have a sales agent of any type, they are suppose to be working for you. You should have the right to fire them if they are not doing their job. Guess we won't be sailing Princess again and we really enjoyed our cruise. That woman will not make another dime from me. 

On 5/8/2022 at 5:32 AM, cjpj said:

I also had MR and was satisfied with her service, always prompt, did what I requested, no problems doing an upgrade, etc. Now I have RW. I've tried contacting her once with a voice message, she never replied. Just tried again this weekend regarding a price drop on a cruise that is paid in full but not past the final payment date. We'll see if she responds. Should I put a courtesy hold on the cabin I want to keep it from being booked? I'm afraid RW will not respond and I'll be scrambling.

I completed the captain circle update form firing P.O. over the weekend and then sent an email to one recommended by a friend I made at a M&G. She called at 8:15 am!! Explained that she responded in whatever fashion I contacted her stating she's 'old school.' I think its fixed, anyway she's my CVP now. Booked cruise, transfers (as a solo uber & princess transfers are the same $$s), got me a much MUCH better ezair fare (nonstop) than I could see. Best yet she called!!

• Like 1