Seabourn Guest Services M.I.A.?

gwesq

I've written Guest Services 3 times in the past 7 weeks, but there has not been any response.  I did get a canned auto reply: "Thank you for contacting Seabourn. We have received your inquiry and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to deliver the highest quality service to you. Due to the large volume of emails we are receiving, it may take us longer than usual to respond. We are working hard to make sure every request is handled accurately and efficiently."

I can understand taking a week or so to reply - but not over a month!  

Have they closed their Guest Relations Dept?  Or is it just their policy to ignore customers' comments and inquiries?

9 hours ago, gwesq said:

I've written Guest Services 3 times in the past 7 weeks, but there has not been any response.  I did get a canned auto reply: "Thank you for contacting Seabourn. We have received your inquiry and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to deliver the highest quality service to you. Due to the large volume of emails we are receiving, it may take us longer than usual to respond. We are working hard to make sure every request is handled accurately and efficiently."

I can understand taking a week or so to reply - but not over a month!  

Have they closed their Guest Relations Dept?  Or is it just their policy to ignore customers' comments and inquiries?

I agree with you 100%.  After waiting two weeks for Guest Services to reply to my query, I finally received a worthless response that merely listed a few links to their website that I had already seen.  Their email response was seemingly written by a bot.  It was generic, it was of minimal use, and it didn't directly address my issue. 

Having previously cruised extensively with Crystal, I am used to a big discrepancy between the shoreside and the onboard experience with a cruise line.  I hope that the onboard experience of Seabourn is likewise much better than what Guest Services has shown to me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, toseaornottosea said:

Have you tried calling 800-442-4448.  I have called several times in the last week or 2 and have had no problem reaching an agent to answer my questions and resolve any issue.

Thanks so much for providing this phone number!  I got through to a very helpful Seabourn representative who answered my questions.  I'm not sure what department this is (it's not Guest Services), but they restored my faith in Seabourn.

I hope that Seabourn recognizes and addresses the deficiencies in its online Guest Services department or they may end up losing new or potential customers.  Perhaps this phone number should be given to new customers when they book their first cruise so that Seabourn's reputation isn't harmed by Guest Services' poor service.

23 hours ago, toseaornottosea said:

Have you tried calling 800-442-4448.  I have called several times in the last week or 2 and have had no problem reaching an agent to answer my questions and resolve any issue.

I did, and my question was answered. But the answer was wrong. What they said would happen on the ship did not happen.  And then my post-cruise comments & questions are being ignored.  

Like all businesses these days Seabourn is understaffed, took 3 tries to send and re-send the Carnival stock shares information and 3 months later we got the notice our SBC was posted to our account….😱

I only hope that onboard services will be fully staffed and well trained this time!

We are new to Seabourn. Do they offer something to Carnival shareholders? I bought a little NCL stock ahead of travelling on Regent and got a $200 OBC on each of three trips. The stock has tanked though and I think I'm down more than the $600.

Yes, if you have 100 or more shares of CCL stock, you can get a small onboard credit. See this web page for details:

i'v e 

50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

I've received the credit for two short Seabourn cruises in the past year. Based on the current stock price, we would have to spend about $100,000 on additional cruises to receive enough credits for me to break even on my stock purchase! 🤣😬😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the info cruiseej. I'm going to go ahead and buy 100 shares. I see the price is now $14.70, down from over $30 last year and as high as the $50's a few years ago. I went to their website and it doesn't give me a lot of confidence though - the corporate timeline ends in 2018!

On 5/16/2022 at 4:16 PM, cruiseej said:

Yes, if you have 100 or more shares of CCL stock, you can get a small onboard credit. See this web page for details:

i'v e 

50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

I've received the credit for two short Seabourn cruises in the past year. Based on the current stock price, we would have to spend about $100,000 on additional cruises to receive enough credits for me to break even on my stock purchase! 🤣😬😢

Tis true that not everyone cruises enough to get a decent return on the stock.  On the other hand, we bought 100 shares of CCL many years ago and paid about $2300.  Since that time we have received over $10,000 in onboard shareholder credits (cruising on Princess, HAL, Seabourn and Cunard) not to mention dividend returns.  At the current price of the stock it would only take 5 cruises (we take longer cruises) to pay for the entire stock purchase.

Hank

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Tis true that not everyone cruises enough to get a decent return on the stock.  On the other hand, we bought 100 shares of CCL many years ago and paid about $2300.  Since that time we have received over $10,000 in onboard shareholder credits (cruising on Princess, HAL, Seabourn and Cunard) not to mention dividend returns.  At the current price of the stock it would only take 5 cruises (we take longer cruises) to pay for the entire stock purchase.

Hank

Plus you still own the stock, which is currently worth about $1300.

15 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Of course, that calculation ignores the opportunity cost of having that asset tied up in CCL stock.  You don't say how many years you have held onto that asset, but in doing so you have forgone the opportunity to invest that value in something that gives you greater returns.