Crown Grill reservations

sewingmolly

I thought I booked the Crown Grill for my upcoming cruise, but when I checked the app it's not there.  Now I can't reserve at any time before 9:00 and even when I try to reserve that, I keep getting an error.  I haven't told my husband yet, because he will very upset.  He loves going to the steakhouse on a cruise.  Is there any hope of getting a reservation after we get on board?

I hope you took a screen shot of your confirmation.  I tried to get reservations the second day on board and all that was available was after 8:30 PM at both specialty restaurants.  As the ships are now sailing near capacity, the Crown Grill gets booked quickly. 

I called the morning of.  DIne Line person was very accommodating and "happened" to find me a time.  She actually asked me what time I preferred to dine.  I don't know if this is because I was in a suite.  

I don't have an answer for you.  I would check with the restaurant when you board and tell them that you had a reservation.  Do you have the charge on your credit card statement?  I would take that as "proof".

• Like 2

Dine My Way did not work on our cruise, along with most Medallion functions.

Just go to the Crown Grill and the person at the door will take your reservation. I suppose you could call from your cabin too. With ships running half full, it was no problem getting the seating we wanted.

Same with buying excursions, or FCDs. Just go to the appropriate desk. The less you expect from the Medallion, the less frustrated you will be.

• Like 1

Despite all the complaints and warnings about the Medallion app, it didn't occur to me to screenshot the reservation.  I'll go to the Crown Grill when we get on the ship, but I'm not expecting anything since I'm on the May 14th Caribbean Princess sailing which is 90% full.  Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic but I have a couple questions about making reservations on board when in a suite.

We want to go to Sabatini's for our complimentary embarkation night specialty restaurant dinner.  Should we just call the dine line or go to the restaurant when we board?  Will there be something in our cabin?

Also, can I assume we'll be able to get a Crown Grill reservation even if they're telling non-suite passengers that they are all full?  We generally like to dine at 8:00.

Thanks,

46 minutes ago, msmoger said:

Slightly off topic but I have a couple questions about making reservations on board when in a suite.

We want to go to Sabatini's for our complimentary embarkation night specialty restaurant dinner.  Should we just call the dine line or go to the restaurant when we board?  Will there be something in our cabin?

Also, can I assume we'll be able to get a Crown Grill reservation even if they're telling non-suite passengers that they are all full?  We generally like to dine at 8:00.

Thanks,

I had no problem booking our first night complimentary suite dinner at Sabatini’s using the MC app.  no charge as expected.  Our cruise is in August.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

I had no problem booking our first night complimentary suite dinner at Sabatini’s using the MC app.  no charge as expected.  Our cruise is in August.

Thanks, just did it.

1 hour ago, msmoger said:

Thanks,

Just got off the Discovery. We were in a suite. No card in our cabin. Stopped by CG and they told us, "just show up when your ready". Decided to also try Sabatini's a couple of days later. Stopped on the way out of the suite bkfst to make a res and they stressed "this won't be your free one" and also told us to just show up. We made a res anyway.

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Like 1