Waitlisted for Your TIme Dining

We cruise May 29 with kids who are used to eating dinner around 6pm. I just jumped on the Carnival site today and we were down for the late seating and the only option for your time is to be waitlisted. Ugh. Is this going to be a problem? Is there a hope of still getting assigned as your time or getting moved to early? Or are we just going to have to skip the MDR? 

1 hour ago, 1kaper said:

I don’t know your chances but why not just go to the dining room for 6pm at YTD?  

I think that's what she's trying to do. She's asking what her chances are of getting moved off the waitlist for YTD.

Edited by Pyxie
  • Like 1

I’m not sure what the chances of getting YTD is, so if you don’t, maybe check with the matre D when you get on the ship to see if you can switch. Explain you have kids and late dining isn’t really a good option. I have no idea if that would work, but worth trying.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

I think that's what she's trying to do. She's asking what her chances are of getting moved off the waitlist for YTD.

Ah. I missed the late dining assignment. I thought she had YTD and waitlisted for early. 

Make sure you are one of the first to see the maître d' on embarkation day. He/She only has a certain amount of flexibility to make changes and if the flexible spots are all used up, you may be stuck with late dining or the buffet every night. Take whatever they offer you - don't try to get "the perfect table".

1 hour ago, SDPadreFan said:

Make sure you are one of the first to see the maître d' on embarkation day. He/She only has a certain amount of flexibility to make changes and if the flexible spots are all used up, you may be stuck with late dining or the buffet every night. Take whatever they offer you - don't try to get "the perfect table".

Agree with the need to get to the maître d' early. Your first stop after setting foot on the ship should be muster, then high-tail it to the MDR.

• Thanks 1