I made a video on how to get to Eagle Beach!

wdblake

23 hours ago, LetsCruiz said:

Great video - thanks for sharing.   Are there people constantly selling stuff on the beach here?  I know they are public beaches, but just curious on everyone's experience here?

Only had one lady, end of day, slow walk past asking if we needed shot glasses, souvenirs etc. A polite "no thanks" and she moved on.

• 2 weeks later...

I am 83, and not up to walking very far.  My daughter and I take a folding wheelchair on our cruises, and she pushes me around.  I'm wondering if we could use it to get from the ship to the bus area, then fold it and take it on the bus with us. It folds pretty compactly, and she could lift it in.  If there are extra seats, I'm sure we could slide it in out of the aisle and secure it.  Do you have any thoughts about this possibility?  BTW, GREAT VIDEO!!!

7 hours ago, Grandma Petania said:

I am 83, and not up to walking very far.  My daughter and I take a folding wheelchair on our cruises, and she pushes me around.  I'm wondering if we could use it to get from the ship to the bus area, then fold it and take it on the bus with us. It folds pretty compactly, and she could lift it in.  If there are extra seats, I'm sure we could slide it in out of the aisle and secure it.  Do you have any thoughts about this possibility?  BTW, GREAT VIDEO!!!

I'm going to say it would be quite difficult.... to get on the bus you go up three (?) steps and then there is a turnstile across the aisle before you can be seated. (turnstile unlocks as the card is swiped)
That's where I would see the issue being. It's quite narrow and not a lot of space to pass the chair. 

Now there is a middle door that's used exclusively for exiting you may be able to pass the chair through but I have no idea if they'd allow that. The bus is set up as a one way street if you can imagine that description.

Edited by NateUpNorth

• 2 weeks later...