I made a video on how to get to Eagle Beach!

wdblake

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2022 at 11:53 AM, wdblake said:

Eagle beach is in my opinion one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean, it's a must see! I show you just how easy and cheap it is to get there!

Do you think it would be safe for me to take the bus a a solo aging female?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/7/2022 at 12:53 PM, wdblake said:

Eagle beach is in my opinion one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean, it's a must see! I show you just how easy and cheap it is to get there!

Thank you for this video.  Which bus do you take? What is the name of the resort you rented the chairs from?

On 5/7/2022 at 11:53 AM, wdblake said:

Was the cost one way or round trip.   We will have 6 people - wasn’t sure if taxi or bus would be cheaper.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 10:17 PM, luv2sailAgain said:

Do you think it would be safe for me to take the bus a a solo aging female?

Much safer than in your average US city.

Why such trepidation? In Europe, everyone takes public transport, especially over 65’s.

On 8/29/2022 at 4:59 PM, Despegue said:

Much safer than in your average US city.

Why such trepidation? In Europe, everyone takes public transport, especially over 65’s.

Our cruise was back in mid July and lots of fun. After the morning excursion, I ended up staying on the ship with my Mom and enjoyed the quiet Solarium in the afternoon.  I had two excursions the next day, so just relaxed that afternoon.

I live in a town/suburbs where your car is like an appendage. Public transportation is usually not even an option. New and different experiences can be a little intimidating.  Also, many years ago, I lived in the Caribbean and islands are not immune to crime. It is good to be aware. Finally, my family and I have been victims of crimes. Although we do not live life in fear, the terrible experiences never totally leave your mind. The things your think only happen to other people may, in fact, happen to you. I live my best life and part of that is doing my homework.

Mom and I are headed to Europe next summer. So glad to know that we will be able to enjoy public transportation.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2022 at 12:53 PM, wdblake said:

Perfect and thanks!!!

Question for you that is probably a little silly... nevertheless.....

You were able to get the umbrella/chairs at the beach........ however Amsterdam Manor allowed you to use the restaurant/facilities without purchasing a day pass or something similar?

Thanks again!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2022 at 11:52 AM, fishman620 said:

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question but....does the public bus system take US currency to ride the bus to Eagle Beach or can we pay with credit card?  If not, where do we exchange money to ride the bus?  Thanks!

We bought the retour cards at the bus terminal by the cruise port with USD.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 9:07 AM, NateUpNorth said:

Perfect and thanks!!!

Question for you that is probably a little silly... nevertheless.....

You were able to get the umbrella/chairs at the beach........ however Amsterdam Manor allowed you to use the restaurant/facilities without purchasing a day pass or something similar?

Thanks again!

To answer my own question..... should anyone wonder the same... no day pass required.

• Thanks 1