Move up to sky suite question.

SandyR5

3 hours ago, rickr45 said:

The Aqua sky suite is probably worth $200 more than SS but the Sunset sky suite is just not for us. 

To me, aqua sky suites have no incremental value over SS aside from cabin location.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

My MIL and her sister are joining us on our next cruise. I'm thinking about doing a move up for them as we are in suites. Here are their options for sky suites. Each has a different starting price. If I bid on a AS. I would hope I only get what I moved up for. Sky suite $700, Sunset sky suite $800 and Aqua sky suite $900.

If you did not place a bid for the Sky Suite or the Sunset Sky Suite, I would think you would only be able to win an Aqua Sky Suite or above.  

Are you in an Aqua Class Sky Suite?  Since you are staying in a suite and there are not, you are significantly reducing  their probability of winning a bid for a suite.  Personally I would take any suite/Retreat over any non suite cabin.

Good luck to them.

I did a successful bid on Beyond (was Aqua) for a Sky Suite and was given an Accessible Sky Suite.  We didn't ask for one.  And they did charge me for the extra gratuities.  But it was a huge cabin and the shower drained properly so it was very nice.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I did a successful bid on Beyond (was Aqua) for a Sky Suite and was given an Accessible Sky Suite.  We didn't ask for one.  And they did charge me for the extra gratuities.  But it was a huge cabin and the shower drained properly so it was very nice.

I'm sorry.  What's your point?

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

If you did not place a bid for the Sky Suite or the Sunset Sky Suite, I would think you would only be able to win an Aqua Sky Suite or above.  

Are you in an Aqua Class Sky Suite?  Since you are staying in a suite and there are not, you are significantly reducing  their probability of winning a bid for a suite.  Personally I would take any suite/Retreat over any non suite cabin.

Good luck to them.

We are on the Eclipse in a Celebrity suite. I checked online and X only has 1 CS and 1 Sunset Sky. I'm not going to do a move up. The SS is on deck 12. Might be to much movement and scraping of chairs above from Sunset Bar.

I wish Move Up would only put bids out on categories that are available.

16 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

We are on the Eclipse in a Celebrity suite. I checked online and X only has 1 CS and 1 Sunset Sky. I'm not going to do a move up. The SS is on deck 12. Might be to much movement and scraping of chairs above from Sunset Bar.

I wish Move Up would only put bids out on categories that are available.

I know you were asking about a move up for your friends.  I can tell you the corner S1 on deck 12 (now Sunset SS) are our favorite Sky Suites.  The Extra side window and view in two directions is awesome.  Neither my wife nor I have been bothered by the scrapping from the OV outside area.  I believe the Sunset bar itself is up two decks, so it should not be an issue at all.   But everyone has their own tolerance and your friends might be late sleepers. I would take in of those Sunset Sky Suites over any other one. (But we like to cover/shade)

They  request bids because of the probability of cascading movements and even late cancellations.  I am sure the main criteria is the make sure no cabin is empty. 

It would be nice for to share your Retreat benefits with your friends. 

Enjoy your cruise.  

• Thanks 1