Odyssey to the Greek Isles - 7 to 16 May 2022

Where do you book the organised bus to the airport? We have a flight at 1pm and thought we might need to organise a private transfer. This is our first cruise and just getting up to speed with everything.

32 minutes ago, Nix19 said:

Where do you book the organised bus to the airport? We have a flight at 1pm and thought we might need to organise a private transfer. This is our first cruise and just getting up to speed with everything.

You can book Royal's transfers at Guest Services. On our cruise, the price per person for the transfer to Rome Airport (FCO - Leonardo da Vinci) was $71.95 per person, which is not cheap. There will be a cut-off time for booking these. On our cruise it was 11 am, two days before arrival back in Civi. If you do decide to book with Royal, they will ask you for your flight details and put you on a time-appropriate transfer.

You can book a private transfer with numerous local operators for around €120. Additionally, some of them, like the one we used offer shared transfers at a much cheaper rate. (Civitavecchia Shuttle Express - I posted the link earlier in the thread, but here it is again, in case you have trouble finding it: https://www.civitavecchiashuttleexpress.com/ ).  

The other thing you need to watch out for, especially since you're in Scotland and may be flying with one of the low-cost carriers, is that some of them fly into Ciampino Airport, rather than the main one. Royal's transfers don't go to Ciampino and the local operators will charge extra to take you there as it's farther away from the port.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nix19 said:

We have our flights booked through Royal (Manchester - Rome return) and have booked our transfers through them as well as it just made better sense to us so they take all the worry of getting to the port  and getting to the airport in time when we return from the cruise. I agree it is a bit more expensive but to me peace of mind helps on holiday.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nix19 said:

We are booked via civitavecchiacabservice.com - charging us €105 for 4 people to FCO.  Even with 2 people they are cheaper than the $71.95pp that RCI charges! 

• Like 3

On 5/12/2022 at 11:22 AM, Rogueperson said:

The Anthem homeports at Bayonne which is within driving distance for me.  I've only been on Anthem once.  The only issue i have with it is that the schedule for the Anthem doesn't always work well and many times, when it does, its the Bahamas run, which is very generic.  My wife on the other hand, loves the Anthem and has been egging me to book another one.   So many ships and locations, and so little time 😞

Check the 1/13 Anthem itinerary... I'm on that one, some excellent islands

On 5/18/2022 at 12:14 PM, Citrons said:

Great to hear your test is negative. Mine were negative Monday/Tuesday and this morning. It wasnt until a retest this afternoon it started to appear positive. I knew from the sore throat on Sunday that i kept retesting since my mam had the same sore throat and tested positive.

I was disappointed a bit by Mykonos. It was nice of course but thought Little Venice was overrated and drinks overpriced. It was a nice couple of hours there but glad i never went there for a long period of time.

Santorini is my fav - I spent 6 weeks on holiday there last summer.

Rhodes I enjoyed going back as i spent 2 weeks there in 2005. However i felt rushed as the people i was with could not walk very far and were too obssessed with shopping. I like @FionaMG photos of her tour. Also her Ephesus photos look great and pity i didnt see that either.

Chania i was there in 2017 for a week and glad to revisit. Very short day since we had to be aboard before 2.30pm. Again @FionaMGhad nice photos and she got to see so much in what was little time in Crete. Nice that we waited 45mins for the final couple to arrive onto the ship.

Naples i was glad to see because i didnt get to see it in 2017 when i went to Sorrento/Capri/Pompei

Overall i was glad i had been on holidays to most of these locations before the cruise (the only places i had not been to was Naples city,Mykonos and Kusadasi) so it felt like I had no rush and it was more to relive happy memories from previous holidays. However I wonder what it would be like to visit them for the 1st time on the cruise? Would it be a rush?Stressful trying to see so much in such little time?

Thanks for posting…I am enjoying this thread with the Civit. Port info and island info. Needed current information especially getting to the ship with transfers.  Regarding Chania….we are only there for about six hours.  Would love to take a snorkel or beach break as it our last stop.  RCCL has not posted any excursions for Santorini or Crete as of today. Wondering if you noticed that there were any possibilities of beach or boat once we docked?  Have looked at online sources, but thought I would ask here.   Thx

1 hour ago, carlosalonsor said:

If you get to Civitavecchia by train, what is the best way to get from the train station to the ship?

I'm so confused about all the options I've found on this forum.

Direct bus €3pp from ship to station and vice versa

C0F48F38-BE85-4464-A3DD-0ABA8D6EB27D.jpeg

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, carlosalonsor said:

The green or the red one? Where do you find it and where do you buy the ticket ? Thanks so much 

Either…. Look at the display at the front. Both say Porto - Stazione.  There will be someone selling tickets.  Outside the station. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

Fiona,

Our D-I-L will be in Lisbon for a few days.  Staying at 4 Seasons for a conference.  Any advice for touring nearby for her.  Email me gfk214atgmaildotcom. 

Thanks 

Gail

Hi Gail, hope you're both doing well. 😊

I just sent you an email.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started reading your reviews.

Really enjoying all the postings and photos.  (on page 4 now)

We are looking into this same itinerary for June 2023.

Quick question for you,

Which airport can we fly into that is closer to the cruise port.

Is catching a shuttle to the port easy to get, without booking it thru Royal.

Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, LATTELOVE said:

Never mind,

found what I was looking for at the end of your

postings.  Thank you!

Loved your reviews and photos.

My pleasure. I'm delighted that you enjoyed it and I'm sure that if you decide to do this cruise you will have a wonderful time. 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1