Looking for a peaceful and secluded but GORGEOUS beach experience? Here you go…

micmacmissy

We cruised recently and I had NO IDEA what to do in St. Kitts.  Planned nothing.  Finally, the night before we pulled into port at St. Kitts, I hit up trip advisor and found some incredible reviews for Discovery Beach Bar & Grill.

None of the cruise ships have their own excursions to Discovery Beach Bar, but it’s located between Carambola and Shipwreck.  A 10-15 minute ride from the port.

We had no problem grabbing a taxi and heading over…two loungers and a rum punch was $22.  We were two of six guests there the ENTIRE time.  

The bar/grill is nothing to write home about…but the drinks were good and I’m told the owner (Morsi) makes all food from scratch, and supposedly his wings are amazing.

I’ll let the photos speak for themselves…

674E61D9-E45D-4320-9CB1-7668CB237F37.jpeg

D5B73B06-8E47-400D-A866-127181FE0546.jpeg

D28E6BB1-A3D4-48F1-B2D2-0EED450C72DD.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Chairs and shade are PLENTIFUL.

While there, we met some fellow Americans who had lived in St. Kitts for awhile and yes…this little spot is their favorite.

The water was lovely and calm, and it looked to be a nice snorkel spot (didn’t realize til we left that the bar had snorkel gear to borrow).  Sitting in our secluded little spot with a beach ALL to ourselves, we noticed a group of about 20 kayakers over at Carambola.  Everything at Carambola and Shipwreck seemed to be geared toward big crowds of cruisers.

Even our taxi driver hadn’t heard of this place - he kept asking, “are you sure you don’t want to go to shipwreck?”  When he dropped us off, we arranged for him to come back and get us, as well.

Look at the serenity!

13F8798C-97A7-4A11-822C-B80CA15776C3.jpeg

7DE3FF3B-8A5C-4CCA-8F80-A776FA18E765.jpeg

9BB708D2-280E-4DFE-9AAE-327494971694.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 1:22 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

OK, then. 

It won't be secluded and peaceful any longer now that it is posted on Cruise Critic. 

Social media discovered/destroyed Carambola.  Herds arrived, discerning locals and genteel cruisers abandoned it as a drinks/lunch/day meet-up destination. Takings fell, and it resorted day passes without beds for Towels.

Happily, Sunshines and Marriott are still unaffected by T’erds and Morse ensures Towels are verbally driven away (some distance) to ensure his paying guests views are not spoiled.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jack dcruiser said:

Going to St Kitts in July.  How much was the taxi ride?  DId they charge per person?

Marriott = Private Taxi $20

Discovery = Private Taxi 20

Or $8 pp to Discovery in shared taxi (minibus) - 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 7:48 AM, jack dcruiser said:

Going to St Kitts in July.  How much was the taxi ride?  DId they charge per person?

I've posted on this subject many times.  The Marriott day pass WAS $35.00. More than 3 people get a day room for $160. 

If you can get others from the ship to go with you the day room to keep your stuff and be able to take a cold shower and clean up before heading back to the ship is HUGE. Property is incredible pool is off the chain. Beach is real deal. 

Look up resorts for a day.com  Best 2 day passes on St. Kitts #1 St. Kitts Marriott 

#2 Palm Court Gardens, Palm Court contact directly on their website via email.  $12 for deck chair rental plus bar tab if you drink. Palm Court Gardens Tiki bar by the pool one of the best vibes in all the Caribbean.

Either way you go no losers. 😉

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/29/2022 at 3:34 PM, TTEllis said:

I've posted on this subject many times.  The Marriott day pass WAS $35.00. More than 3 people get a day room for $160. 

If you can get others from the ship to go with you the day room to keep your stuff and be able to take a cold shower and clean up before heading back to the ship is HUGE. Property is incredible pool is off the chain. Beach is real deal. 

Look up resorts for a day.com  Best 2 day passes on St. Kitts #1 St. Kitts Marriott 

#2 Palm Court Gardens, Palm Court contact directly on their website via email.  $12 for deck chair rental plus bar tab if you drink. Palm Court Gardens Tiki bar by the pool one of the best vibes in all the Caribbean.

Either way you go no losers. 😉

We are very interested in going to The Marriott.  We will be a group of at least five.  How do we go about buying a day pass?  Do we contact the resort directly?

3 hours ago, vacation44 said:

We are very interested in going to The Marriott.  We will be a group of at least five.  How do we go about buying a day pass?  Do we contact the resort directly?

Send an enquiry via their Messenger service on the Hotel’s Face(reading material) Page.

Also discuss a day room for your party to change, shower, store etc.

Enjoy…….

On 5/20/2022 at 9:24 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Marriott = Private Taxi $20

Discovery = Private Taxi 20

Or $8 pp to Discovery in shared taxi (minibus) - 

I read the private taxi to the Marriott is $20 for four passengers one way.  Do you know how much an additional passenger will cost as we are five?

21 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

I read the private taxi to the Marriott is $20 for four passengers one way.  Do you know how much an additional passenger will cost as we are five?

Take a minibus/taxi usually seats 10, but in comfort 7, would suit and work on about $30 each way.  Driver would be very happy to collect your party at a time of your choosing.  Drivers are very good and usually arrive about 20 minutes prior to schedule, to put minds at rest.

A gratuity is welcomed.

5 minutes ago, crazycatlady82 said:

I'll be doing a solo cruise on NCL Epic in April and am interesting in going there...however, solo female traveler. Any safety concerns there? I really like the idea of a quiet beach with a bar/restaurant.

No concerns…. The security for all guests is top notch….  It’s a place where one will want to return.

A long way away from T’erds.    Think genteel English country club with an American twist.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 10:06 AM, crazycatlady82 said:

I'll be doing a solo cruise on NCL Epic in April and am interesting in going there...however, solo female traveler. Any safety concerns there? I really like the idea of a quiet beach with a bar/restaurant.

I'm on the 4/14/23 Epic cruise as a solo female traveler.  I'm interested in Discovery Beach too.   Are you on the same cruise? 

1 hour ago, VonChap said:

I'm on the 4/14/23 Epic cruise as a solo female traveler.  I'm interested in Discovery Beach too.   Are you on the same cruise? 

Think @crazycatladt82 is considering spending the day at the Marriott, not Discovery Beach Bar.

Could be a potential cab share?

1 hour ago, crazycatlady82 said:

No, Im not planning on spending the day at the Marriott. 

Sorry, my mistake.  My security review was based on the Marriott.  
If going to discovery, book in advance for lunch/day.

Shared minibus was $8 pp e/w

Also, bring your state flag to hang in the bar.

4 hours ago, crazycatlady82 said:

Yes, thats the one! 

Well, I would be happy to share some taxis with you.  I'm looking at Discovery and a few other interesting spots on some of the other islands.