Wilsons Parking at BICT

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

If you have time to fill in, there would probably be an outdoor area where you could wait until closer to embarkation time.

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that from what I've seen of photos. I'm sure it will work out OK though. We've got two so-called priority cards up our sleeves - Elites and Suite. 🤣

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that from what I've seen of photos. I'm sure it will work out OK though. We've got two so-called priority cards up our sleeves - Elites and Suite. 🤣

We are also on the first embarkation group. With everything that has been said about people having to arrive at their allotted time or they will be turned away, I am hoping there won't be a lot of people in the terminal around 11am when we plan to arrive. 

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We are also on the first embarkation group. With everything that has been said about people having to arrive at their allotted time or they will be turned away, I am hoping there won't be a lot of people in the terminal around 11am when we plan to arrive. 

One plus will be the 1/2 capacity. On the other side, Platinum also get priority boarding, so I expect the priority line to be a long one. One would hope that not everyone has their medallion app sorted, and a few end up on the blue line to slow them down a bit.

We will learn all of your tricks in time for our August boarding.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

One plus will be the 1/2 capacity. On the other side, Platinum also get priority boarding, so I expect the priority line to be a long one. One would hope that not everyone has their medallion app sorted, and a few end up on the blue line to slow them down a bit.

I am assuming that, priority or not, we have to arrive at our pre-arranged embarkation time and that within that group, we might split into priority and not. Do you think this is correct?

The cruise I am on (and Julie as well) is 26th June. It will be nearly full capacity, just leaving cabins vacant for possible use as quarantine cabins.

Edited by Aus Traveller

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am assuming that, priority or not, we have to arrive at our pre-arranged embarkation time and that within that group, we might split into priority and not. Do you think this is correct?

The cruise I am on (and Julie as well) is 26th June. It will be nearly full capacity, just leaving cabins vacant for possible use as quarantine cabins.

OK, I thought they were still sailing at 50%, but hadn't been taking a lot of notice about which cruises were reduced numbers. I always thought priority boarders were able to choose the earliest slot for boarding.

PS - Priority is part of your loyalty. For check-in you should have an expedited line, for boarding you should be called first as suites/elites, 2nd group platinum. 

Edited by arxcards
PS

Just now, arxcards said:

OK, I thought they were still sailing at 50%, but hadn't been taking a lot of notice about which cruises were reduced numbers. I always thought priority boarders were able to choose the earliest slot for boarding.

Princess has 50% capacity only on the first few short cruises.

We are entitled to priority boarding and Julie and her husband are also. We had to choose our embarkation time and there was no indication that this would be allocated to us automatically. When cruising starts here, we will see how it works. 

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I think the 1/2 capacity is only on the first three cruises - the 3-4 day ones. We're on the 4th cruise which may be 100% capacity.

In the past we rarely had a problem getting on the ship early, apart from the one time on the Sea Princess Hawaii/Tahiti cruise where Border Security wouldn't let embarking passengers into the terminal because the ship hadn't reached zero count due to four passengers deciding that they didn't have to go off the ship and go through passport control.

Although our fastest embarkation was on Carnival Legend when we scored an incredibly cheap fare on a suite. We barely had time to catch our breath between flashing our priority boarding passes to enter the terminal to arriving onboard - check-in, straight through border security, no wait at the security screening, up the gangway and onto the ship! Amazingly fast! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I guess we'll find out once we get there. By the time our cruise embarks they should have got most of the process organized although if it jumps from 50% to 100% capacity it might be a whole new ballgame. 🤔

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

I guess we'll find out once we get there. By the time our cruise embarks they should have got most of the process organized although if it jumps from 50% to 100% capacity it might be a whole new ballgame. 🤔

We will probably hear from people on this forum how the priority/embarkation time slots worked on their cruise.

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think the 1/2 capacity is only on the first three cruises - the 3-4 day ones. We're on the 4th cruise which may be 100% capacity.

In the past we rarely had a problem getting on the ship early, apart from the one time on the Sea Princess Hawaii/Tahiti cruise where Border Security wouldn't let embarking passengers into the terminal because the ship hadn't reached zero count due to four passengers deciding that they didn't have to go off the ship and go through passport control.

Although our fastest embarkation was on Carnival Legend when we scored an incredibly cheap fare on a suite. We barely had time to catch our breath between flashing our priority boarding passes to enter the terminal to arriving onboard - check-in, straight through border security, no wait at the security screening, up the gangway and onto the ship! Amazingly fast! 

We have been first to board twice, once at Portside on Pacific Dawn and once at OPT on Radiance. Both were for suites. We are going to try for a third on Explorer in 3 weeks. It is always a challenge, but we have the drill worked out to be ready for the next step before we get to it. Pacific Explorer has less suites than Pacific Dawn, and that is the only priority boarding - should be a shoo-in.

For Coral, it will be a new terminal for us, as well as the green line. Same for everyone I guess.