Panorama to LAX timing

I sail on Panorama January 2023. I originally book my flight back home with a 1 p.m. departure time. However, Delta has already had a schedule change and now the departure time is 11:50 am. Am I going to have enough time to debark in Long Beach and catch my flight? I'm not very familiar with LAX. I can still change my flight to 2:45 but that is seems really late. Thanks for any input in advance!

Too close IMO. The problem with LA is traffic, you just never know what you can face, it can be great or a disaster. Even if you got off as early as possible, you'd still be on a tight schedule. It may be possible if you have priority debarkation but I'd push it back until 1ish if it were me. That, or have a backup flight/plan. If everything goes right, sure, you can make it probably by 11ish. There are just too many variables to contend with (late return, wind/rough seas, propulsion issues, problematic debarkation situations, medical or other emergencies, traffic etc) We're on in Jan again too! Maybe I'll see you onboard. Have a great cruise! 

Delta will make numerous schedule changes over the next 7 months, so I wouldn't sweat these details at this moment in time.

Next January, DL is operating a 12PM flight to MSP from SNA (John Wayne/Orange County).  I'd feel a lot more comfortable with that option than LAX.  Yes, you're allowed to change onto this flight, even if your inbound remains LAX.

Edited by Itried4498
  • Like 1

Can you go standby for the earlier flight?  We were on a 12:45 but caught the 10:15 standby for no fee on United.  We did platinum self-assist debark and were outside the terminal 8:15.  Caught an uber but with waiting for the uber and traffic it was over an hour and we walked into the airport at 9:30 and were the last to board the 10:15 flight.  We did that the previous cruise too.  Booked an afternoon flight but caught the first standby once we were at the airport.  Helps if you have some priority with the airline to be able to move up the standby list.  But plan on Long Beach to LAX easily taking an hour, especially if not on a Sunday.

I have risked taking early flights a few times with no issues but for our Panorama cruise for some reason I chose a 2pm instead of early.

Good thing I did. We were late coming in and then because of people starting to arrive before we get off jammed up traffic. Our 7 minute Uber wait took almost an hour.

We got to the airport around 12:30  but this was Long Beach airport which is closer.

Any little thing can throw it all off so have a plan B just in case.