Cancellation of Baltic cruise - rumor or fact

@Devilaw

There is a Roll Call about the cruise of the Jade if you are interested in joining.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2765879-ncl-jade-may-05-14-2023-black-sea/page/6/

Quite a bit of information there.

I have offered to do a Meet & Greet if you are interested in that, see the Roll Call for information.

Mike

9 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@Devilaw

There is a Roll Call about the cruise of the Jade if you are interested in joining.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2765879-ncl-jade-may-05-14-2023-black-sea/page/6/

Quite a bit of information there.

I have offered to do a Meet & Greet if you are interested in that, see the Roll Call for information.

Mike

Thanks  I will look for port information, but we are booked on the March 30th cruise.

On 5/15/2022 at 2:23 PM, casofilia said:

@prunderw

Seems there's much more to this than NCL is sharing.

I have already emailed NCL asking for an explanation.   I will post my email if and when I get a response.   I suggest you do the same.

Looks like they are giving us 6  1/2 months in 2023 to use the credits.  Unreasonable!!!!!!!!!

@scootersdad

Looks like they are giving us 6  1/2 months in 2023 to use the credits.  Unreasonable!!!!!!!!!

As we share your disappointment, we have issued a 10% discount in the form of a Future Cruise Credit (FCC). This credit can be used through May 17, 2023 and can be applied towards any of our published sailings through December 31, 2023. The FCC will be available on May 17, 2022.

You can actually use them to book a cruise from the day you receive them on 17th May 2022 (or use it on a cruise you have already booked).   But you have to use them to make a booking by 17th May 2023 so you have a year to actually to apply them to a cruise.

So you will have 18 months to use them on a cruise; from 17th May 2022 to 31st December 2023.

Typical NCL communication that isn't completely clear.

5 hours ago, casofilia said:

@prunderw

Please explain.

Has another port been cancelled and my TA is behind again?

My most recent post (#84) was an attempt to explain the wording of part of the email I received cancelling the Jade Baltic cruises of July 2023 part of which, I think, @scooters dad had slightly misunderstood.

Possibly, strange that my T/A hasn't even mentioned the possibility. 

I appreciate the kind response.

We meet with the T/A on Wednesday at 11.  Hope she knows something by then.  This would be our 7th cancellation

But no news on any new 2022 cancellations? I haven’t seen anything, just thought I’d check, since I’m about to nail down some excursion plans (with everything being able to be canceled/refunded/no prepayment). 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jas283a said:

But no news on any new 2022 cancellations? I haven’t seen anything, just thought I’d check, since I’m about to nail down some excursion plans (with everything being able to be canceled/refunded/no prepayment). 

I just left my T/A's office.  She agreed Cr  Cr boards are usually on top of information.

We contacted NCL and the agent had No information about the cancellation, however she was tentative and seemed new and unsure of herself.   

Hoping for the best.

Looks like the Getaway has started its Baltic Cruise today out of Copenhagen.  I see most other lines are cruising the Baltic as normal.  Seems to me that this was an overreaction to a poorly written communication from NCL.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@Devilaw

I see most other lines are cruising the Baltic as normal.    Are they visiting St Petersburg?

Seems to me that this was an overreaction to a poorly written communication from NCL.   What does the "THIS" refer to?

As far as I can tell only Viking is going to SPB

The "this" is this thread.

@Devilaw

I see most other lines are cruising the Baltic as normal.  As far as I can tell only Viking is going to SPB

"Only Viking" is hardly "most other lines" ..... "as normal".

The document that started this thread is really clear.   NCL CANCELLED all the Dawn July 2023 Baltic cruises with a VERY SPECIFIC reason.   They didn't change the itinerary as they did for the 2022 cruises.   They didn't cancel the June and August 2023 Dawn Baltic cruises.   They didn't cancel or review the itinerary of the 2023 Jade cruises that are still going to Odesa.

Most of the concerned comments on this thread are based on that information and people want to know WHY the above have happened.

No the spelling isn't an error. it is the Ukrainian spelling and I use it showing support for the Ukrainian people.

Edited by casofilia
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

On the dawn writing this in O’Sheehans.  Spent the last 4 days walking my legs off in Copenhagen, Wendermure-Rostock, Gdańsk-gdinya, and Klaipeda, , with still 4 days left.  Locals and Local tourists are so happy and in Lala land on the streets.  I don’t think anyone is thinking of the war right now. In my honest opinion, Putin just huffs and puffs. Any nuclear button would be self mutual, so it ain’t happening