Princess Announces a 25% Teacher Appreciation Discount

Gretchendz

12 minutes ago, Coral said:

I meant after we have been verified. We need to wait for the 2nd email to book.

that was the way it was with the previous nurses ( and others ) 50% off promo - had to go thru the email provided link to access the cruises available at the discounted rate.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, voljeep said:

that was the way it was with the previous nurses ( and others ) 50% off promo - had to go thru the email provided link to access the cruises available at the discounted rate.

Thanks for confirmation.

7 hours ago, voljeep said:

Hmmmm....I was verified Tuesday.

Said the email would come within 2 weeks.

But it has to be booked by May 30th.🤔

3 minutes ago, KKB said:

Hmmmm....I was verified Tuesday.

Said the email would come within 2 weeks.

But it has to be booked by May 30th.🤔

verify by 5/30 ... expect email by 5/31 

Extra 25% off is available for new bookings only on select cruises sailing in 2022 and must be booked by December 31, 2022.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, voljeep said:

verify by 5/30 ... expect email by 5/31 

Extra 25% off is available for new bookings only on select cruises sailing in 2022 and must be booked by December 31, 2022.

Could you book with anyone or did it have to be direct with Princess?

12 minutes ago, Coral said:

Could you book with anyone or did it have to be direct with Princess?

I put a 'courtesy hold' , contacted our PVP, then she moved some FCC from a previous cruise booked to that new cruise, and cruise fare paid in full, and a $50 obc from a previous nurses promotion that we hadn't used was also transferred ... we paid port fees and taxes.

when the cruise fare dropped, she was able to get that back in FCC and put back into our account.

we didn't try an outside TA for the little 4 day cruise.

Edited by voljeep
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I put a 'courtesy hold' , contacted our PVP, then she moved some FCC from a previous cruise booked to that new cruise, and cruise fare paid in full, and a $50 obc from a previous nurses promotion that we hadn't used was also transferred ... we paid port fees and taxes.

when the cruise fare dropped, she was able to get that back in FCC and put back into our account.

we didn't try an outside TA for the little 4 day cruise.

Thanks.

So if I understand this correctly--I cannot book until I get the email. (I have been verified)

I did Live Chat today for a couple other things.

I asked about it & she said it should be in my account. 

But the price is the same as it was for our aunt & uncle booked on the same cruise.

SO--is this one of those cruises the discount doesn't work for?
OR do i need to wait for the email??!!

12 minutes ago, KKB said:

So if I understand this correctly--I cannot book until I get the email. (I have been verified)

yes ... maybe ...

can you book and select your cabin at the current, non-discounted rate - yes

can you then refare upon receiving the email if your cruise and cabin is covered - maybe

18 minutes ago, voljeep said:

yes ... maybe ...

can you book and select your cabin at the current, non-discounted rate - yes

can you then refare upon receiving the email if your cruise and cabin is covered - maybe

Clear as mud, right?

• Haha 1

I HAVE CLARIFICATION (perhaps I was the only one confused...)

Must verify by May 30. 

Can begin booking May 31. 

Well hopefully everything I want to book is available...

Funny I swear I read here (or maybe a social media site...) that someone had called & got a 25% reduction on their current booking. Must have been a newbie--cuz it says new bookings only & starts May 31. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RD64 said:

Are Canadian teachers not teachers too?

They are teachers, but sadly they do not qualify for this discount.  I live in Michigan and I see Florida residents get extra discounts on cruises, Disney, etc. all the time.  My sister who lives in California often gets special rates on cruises for California residents. 

• Like 1

By the way, @rd64, are you aware that Princess often offers Canadian guests the ability to book with Canadian dollars on par with US dollars?  That alone can be a significant savings for Canadians over Americans. That alone, depending on the exchange rate is worth 25% or more.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ok I will bring this up-Princess are you listening?  What about retired teachers? I taught 36 years, so did my wife. Current teachers have it really tough now, but I did have a few challenges too. I don't begrudge anything the current teachers get-God knows they deserve it. But there are a lot of retired teachers that cruise and put in a lot of years at pretty low pay.  And a teacher in Canada is a teacher-shouldn't have to even say that!  This could have been much better!  Typical I guess. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 7:54 AM, dog said:

Hope it includes teachers from all countries who book a cruise with Princess.

It says from United States (as usual Australia will miss out on any special offers)

It's May 31. I was registered and verified 2 weeks ago and was told I would be receiving a registration link by e-mail today. I have not gotten anything--checked spam folder, university e-mail account. NOTHING from Princess with a link to book at a discount.☹️ Has anyone else who was verified received a booking link today?   

• Like 1