What time will Radiance of the Seas accept luggage in Seward?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same question. Doing a southbound cruise from Seward June 10th. Taking the train from Anchorage to Seward in the morning and then we want to take a shuttle to Exit Glacier. We don't want to carry our luggage with us.

17 hours ago, raiceam said:

I have the same question. Doing a southbound cruise from Seward June 10th. Taking the train from Anchorage to Seward in the morning and then we want to take a shuttle to Exit Glacier. We don't want to carry our luggage with us.

If you're taking the train, you can check your luggage at the tent outside the train station and it will be delivered directly to your CABIN.  Just tell the porters which ship you're on and they'll take care of it.  Luggage doesn't travel on the train; it is trucked to Seward. 

• Like 1

We did the Royal sponsored train that leaves from the airport in Anchorage and, as said above, your luggage goes by bus or truck directly to the port so you don’t have to worry about luggage. 
However, the train ride is about 6 hours so it would be questionable if you’d be able to go to Exit glacier. It’s a pretty far ride to the glacier and then a long walk from the parking area to see the glacier. 
If you want to do that, I’d recommend staying in Seward a day ahead and enjoy the aquarium and Exit glacier. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, raiceam said:

The cruise-contracted train from the airport has a different schedule than the regular train from downtown Anchorage.  The regular train leaves downtown at 6:45am and arrives Seward at 11:15.

You should have time for 2-3 hrs at Exit Glacier. The shuttles leave Seward hourly on the half hour so you could catch the 12:30pm and be at the park by 1pm.  Catch the 4pm return shuttle to be back by 4:30 since your onboard time will be 5.  Be sure to make a SHUTTLE RESERVATION !  and take the taxi phone numbers for backup.

Park/trail info: Exit Glacier Area - Kenai Fjords National Park (U.S. National Park Service) (nps.gov)

and   Exit Glacier Shuttle

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

The cruise-contracted train from the airport has a different schedule than the regular train from downtown Anchorage.  The regular train leaves downtown at 6:45am and arrives Seward at 11:15.

You should have time for 2-3 hrs at Exit Glacier. The shuttles leave Seward hourly on the half hour so you could catch the 12:30pm and be at the park by 1pm.  Catch the 4pm return shuttle to be back by 4:30 since your onboard time will be 5.  Be sure to make a SHUTTLE RESERVATION !  and take the taxi phone numbers for backup.

Park/trail info: Exit Glacier Area - Kenai Fjords National Park (U.S. National Park Service) (nps.gov)

and   Exit Glacier Shuttle

I got Shuttle reservation ! thank you very much! is this regular train also sending the luggage directly to the ship?

19 minutes ago, raiceam said:

I got Shuttle reservation ! thank you very much! is this regular train also sending the luggage directly to the ship?

yes, even the regular train will send your lugage to the ship.

There's a large tent outside the downtown train depot in Anchorage ... just tell those employees which ship your boarding and it will be in your cabin when you arrive.  

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 3:33 PM, EGCruisers said:

We will be doing a southbound cruise from Seward, AK on the Radiance of the Seas in July.  Can anyone tell me how early they will start accepting luggage? 

I just did this on the 13th - we had a whale watching trip before we boarded - we were able to drop our luggage off before the whale watching trip - it made things so much easier.

We turned in our luggage around 11:30am.   Then I turned in our rental (I rented the car in Anchorage and dropped it off in Seward) and then got to the dock for the whale watching tour all before noon.   I don't know how long the porters had been there - we were definitely not the first.

Then we got off our tour at 4:30 and boarded the boat - we were on by about 5:15 - which included waiting for the shuttle.

The embark was literally walk in - show your documents - walk to the person checking you in and walking on board.    It may have been busier between Noon and 5 - but there were zero lines for us.