Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

I love this review. Has more detail than a Danielle Steele novel. Well written, with great photos and the occasional movie. 

I just want to know one thing. Why do they call it The Space Needle? It has never been in space, it's a GROUND needle for heaven's sake. 

I might have missed it, but do your feet get cold with regular socks and shoes? Or, should I pack silk under socks with heavy wool socks?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Moviela said:

I love this review. Has more detail than a Danielle Steele novel. Well written, with great photos and the occasional movie. 

I just want to know one thing. Why do they call it The Space Needle? It has never been in space, it's a GROUND needle for heaven's sake. 

I might have missed it, but do your feet get cold with regular socks and shoes? Or, should I pack silk under socks with heavy wool socks?

The space needle was built for the 1962 world’s fair…that was during the space race and it had a space theme.  

I brought polar extreme socks but I only wore them in Tracy arm. It’s been in the upper 50’s-lower 60’s the other days. I wore shorts today..and really could’ve wore them Juneau and ISP as well.

• Like 4

That was unfortunate scheduling. I guess CD Andy is Doug his own comedy show. But he scheduled it at 10:30 in the main theater. The last comedy show ended at 10:30 in the comedy club at the other end of the ship. So the last 10

mins of that show people are filing out. It looked bad. And it wasn’t because the comedian was bad. People didn’t want to miss the start of Andy’s show.  Which didn’t start till almost 10:40 anyway.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Back on board is in 45 min. I asked the driver for a lunch recommendation. He said fish house. There’s a bit of a line. I’ll see how it moves I guess.

8630C7D8-24B3-428E-9807-9A08464A4894.jpeg

C15D687E-4EA2-411D-995F-A1870CF0BCDF.jpeg

We eat at the one next door because there is always a line at this one and does not necessarily move very fast

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Good morning. Today is Memorial Day. Before I say anything else I want to say I’m thankful for all those who sacrificed their lives so that I can cruise today. I will never forget you. 

It drives me nuts when someone says “Happy” Memorial Day. 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Good morning. Today is Memorial Day. Before I say anything else I want to say I’m thankful for all those who sacrificed their lives so that I can cruise today. I will never forget you. 

giphy.gif

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

This guy is giving them a hard time because they charged him $3 for freshly brewed instead of $2.50. They explain they don’t have the machine for freshly brewed on their ship (They really should). “We’ll show me where this is on the menu. I just see freshly brewed for $2.50. It shouldn’t be on the menu if you don’t have it. 

• Like 5